1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

better ways to communicate?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by stumble along, Apr 15, 2013.

1. stumble along

Im still talking to that one guy i mentioned in an earlier thread about how to ask someone out, and we are planning on doing so when i hit summer break, and planning on going through a park just to hang out.
    anyway, mainly we just text but he, like most people, is a bad texter and not very responsive, and im not being overbearing by trying to message him every single day (normally i ask whats going on twice week maybe) but i feel his medium isnt really text and maybe more in person/ talking (hence the park) so is there a way i can do that?

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not one to talk on the phone, but I will when it comes to getting to know someone. I usually text them prior to calling just to make sure they're not busy and then I will call them. I know everyone is different because there's school, work and kids etc. However, no matter what, I always manage to text or call the personal I'm interested in. I think your lack of texting/calling may have given him the wrong impression.

3. stumble along

how should I bring this up to him?

"Hey i was wondering if you'd rather do something else other than text because i picked up a vibe that maybe you aren't too keen on that so i haven't really tried to text you all that much?"

4. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

What can I say? Meet up, talk, tell him how you feel!

I'm going through the same thing, to the extent that I think I'm going mental!

God luk

5. stumble along

no u no understand we already know that we're both into guys to an extent and we already have the initial attraction thing going.

i just want to talk to him and get to know him a little better, since we cant actually hang out 2-3 weeks from now.

so my question still stands, how can i ask him if we wants to do anything other than text?
    and by that i mean anything but sexting because that just ruins any chances

6. BudderMC

7. stumble along

i already gave him my skype i dont want to push it, should i ask again?

8. Femmeme

How about talking on the phone? It seems like no one actually does that anymore... maybe we should just stop calling them phones and rename them texters instead? lol

9. BudderMC

You could suggest it again under the guise of "I think it's easier to get to know someone over a real-time conversation, but since we can't meet up right now..." kind of thing.

10. stumble along

Alright, any suggestions on how to bring it up?

Just like, hey I think youre cool and if you think I'm cool too I was wondering if you wanted to maybe Skype or something? So we can get to know each other a little better?

11. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds fine to me.