1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed Signals

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Michelle1987, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Michelle1987

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm in the "i'm in love with my best friend" situation.
    I told her how I felt, and she told me that she didn't feel the same way. BUT she still gives me mixed signals. When we drink, we are always very affectionate with each other. This past Saturday, we cuddled with each other. And when we cuddle, it's not how I would cuddle with a friend. It's very intimate and legs are intertwined and it's just not a 'just friend' way.
    This is the first time this has happened (this used to happen all the time prior to me telling her) since I told her how I felt a couple weeks ago. I don't think she would want to act like this when she knows how I feel. IDK part of me wants to ask her why she behaves the way she does if she knows how i feel/she doesn't feel same way but then I also don't want her to stop. I just don't know if it's better to let it go or bring it up. I also think I want to wait to see if she keeps doing it.

2. BubbleGum

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your profile says you're straight so I guess you must know what straight girls are like :slight_smile:

We like to cuddle, kiss and make out, but at the end of the day, we will go for a guy. That's the way it is and even if you succeeded in getting together with her, it's very unlikely that it's going to work out.

Also: Women are very sexual human beings. We like to be close to people and it doesn't matter what their gender is or whether they are attracted to us or not. In your case I'd say that since she knows you're attracted to her, she might want to give it a try without actually giving it a try if you know what I'm saying.

You probably don't, so:
    1) Someone likes you
    2) You don't like that person back in that way
    3) however, you like the attention and the love
    4) You'll cuddle with them because you know they won't push you away.

Just a guess but I'd keep my distance from her to be honest.

3. Michelle1987

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you for the response. She is not an affectionate person with anyone else, so it's not her typical behavior... but I agree... it's probably the attention.
    I just need to stop looking into things!