1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Effectively get over someone?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ForgottenRose, Apr 15, 2013.

1. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There is this guy I have been crushing on for like 3 entire years. He knows and is cool with it. The problem is, I want to be JUST FRIENDS. He is like an amazing guy friend and while I do think he is extremely sexy. He is straight, and past his curiosity phase.

I already told him and that usually makes my crush go away. I am in my 'Lets be A Mega-Bitch' phase. Where I turn all my love for someone Into hate. I told him that if I am a prick to him not to be offended because I need to get over him.

Is there ANY other way to get over him, we don't hang out like ever. But he sits next to me in Algebra. So HELP PLEASE

2. funnylion

funnylion Guest

Do you have assigned seating in Algebra (i.e. do you HAVE to sit next to each other or is that just where you usually end up)? My point is, maybe you should just spend some time away from him for awhile and get your mind completely off of him. Then, if you go back and want to start being friends you already know from the get-go that that's all you're going to be - friends - and it won't be too awkward.

3. LailaForbidden

Oooh shit. I thought I was the only one who did this... (*hug*)

My advice? Try to distance yourself from him as much as possible. If that doesn't work, you may have to cut him out of your life for awhile. It sucks, but it's really the only way if the love is really strong...
    Good luck. (And sorry my advice isn't more detailed)

4. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    HAVE to.
    I could ask to move but I hate everyone else in that class.

Tomorrow I will start distancing myself