1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my first crush I liked him..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by manoverboard09, Apr 15, 2013.

1. manoverboard09

Today I decided to come clean to my first crush and tell him how I felt.
    Obviously, we're friends so it was hard to do it without it feeling awkward for me.
    He doesn't feel the same. At least.. I assume. He didn't really say anything about it, besides the fact that it didn't change anything between us (which I was thankful for).
    He's busy, I'm busy.. we have different lives, I understand.
    Just kinda.. is hard. He's the first boy I've officially had feelings for, and I've been so depressed the past couple weeks; I feel like I shouldn't have told him, but it was bothering me so I had to.
    I feel better now that I told him how I felt, and it didn't make me feel horrible when he didn't really feel the same, but at least I know I still have him as a friend.
    Still totally bummed however.. :bang:

2. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Well, I'm going through the same thing with a stranger. Saying that your friend didn't really respond to you telling him, you haven't lost a friendship. I don't think that you should ask him how he feels about it though (saying that he didn't really say anything g the first time), but if you do, be careful. I don't think you'd want to sacrifice a friendship for a relationship.

3. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It sucks that the first guy you've liked doesn't feel the same way - but I imagine most of us here have been through the same (or will do very shortly in some cases!). As long as you realise it's never going to happen and get past it now, you'll be fine. And that'll set you in good stead for the next time it happens.

The important part is you don't lose a friend.

4. funnylion

funnylion Guest

Yeah, I definitely agree with lull23. You still have a friend and you haven't alienated him. If you're able to move on you'll see that there are plenty of (fantastic) other guys that you haven't even met that can't wait to be with you. I'm sorry to hear that this didn't work out but I'm hopeful for your future!

5. manoverboard09

Yeah, I don't really wanna bring it up to him again. I don't want to push him away, no matter how bad this hurts me. I sort of regret saying anything now. Considering I don't know how he feels about me, I still feel led on by him. Just because of things we've.. said and done. But perhaps he didn't mean to. He did say he would go on a date with me when I asked him a couple weeks back, but I don't think we're going to have time for that these next few months.

I'm hopeful to find someone else eventually. Being depressed it doesn't help seeing all these cute couples together. I'm not one to want to be in a relationship so badly, I've been single for quite a few years now (not including one or two short short relationships.. I'm talking year long+ ones).. I just feel lonely at this point in my life; much like I'm sure some of you feel. It's tough.. life's tough.