1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay,you accept you're Gay/Bi/Les..now what?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayAndHappylol, Apr 16, 2013.

1. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    I mean,from the moment i accepted im gay,things are just..difficult to handle anymore.I feel like my inside is rushing for a relationship,is rushing to be loved by someone and,complete relationship etc.I dont know if this happening to you also.

2. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I have just came out to everyone in school, and have only just properly got over it and accepted my self, and I now understand that it is very unlikely that it will ever change. I don't know how old you are, but if you are older it may be different for you.

I have feelings for someone who is two years younger than me in school, even though I have never properly met him. So yes, it's completely normal that you want a relationship, even if you haven't got your eye on anyone.

You might be longing for a relationship so much because you have only just become content with your homosexuality or bisexuality, so you would just like your first same-sex relationship. Or you might want to confirm it to yourself that you are who you are. Or perhaps you have been hiding away for so long that you just can't hold it in anymore, and you need a boyfriend. There are lots of other reasons why you might be desperate for a relationship. Just to let you know, I am going through the same thing too.

Back to the initial question though: what to do now? Well, if you don't have your eye on anyone then there's nothing really you can do. But if you are old enough, you could maybe join a dating site, if that's your thing. If not then don't worry, the right person will come into your life when you least expect it, I promise.

Good Luck!

3. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Or perhaps you have been hiding away for so long that you just can't hold it in anymore, and you need a boyfriend. <- Thats the real reason thanks for understanding.I dont have my eye on anyone and im still at school so yeah..:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Glad to know that someone feels the same like me

4. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

No worries, I'm glad that I now know someone who is going through something similar to me as well.

Don't worry that you haven't got your eye on any one at school, you might suddenly feel attracted to someone, or someone might come along and you'll know.

Come along to this forum any time you need support or advice, we are all here for you =)

Once again Good Luck

5. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Aww thank you so so much :slight_smile: Feel free to add me,i would love to talk with you again:slight_smile:

6. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

You're welcome! :slight_smile:

I'll add you, I'd love to talk with you again too! :slight_smile:

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've noticed that this is a common feeling among the newly out: that pent-up desire to find someone...so a word of caution, you are in a vulnerable state and you are new to this, so just be careful, not only with your health but with your hearts as well.

You are vulnerable mostly because you are suddenly able to give your whole selves to another person, just be aware that this can also be cause for great disappointment.

With all that said, get out there and have (safe!) fun!

8. Luke Matt

I stop lying to people & feel great warmth in knowing that I never have to falsify my sexuality ever again.

Oh & find a boyfriend :wink:

9. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah,i totally agree,i wont let my excitement rule me.I will try to wait till i find the right one.Haha always safe!

10. eatsleepclimb

I agree. I'm not out yet but it is hard watching everyone talk about relationships and crushes while you stay quiet...so I can imagine if I did come out I would want to express all of the bottled up feelings and thoughts that I've had for so long!
    :goodluck:

11. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Exactly