1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by somegirl, Apr 16, 2013.

1. somegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Basically I've fallen in love with my best friend. Problem is, she's straight. She knows I like girls, and she's cool with it, and she doesn't mind talking about it or anything. It's obvious she's straight - I mean she would have mentioned it by now if otherwise right? And she likes a guy:'( I just want to "fall out of love" with her, because it's kinda ruining our friendship. I'm getting angry over little things because I'm jealous. I don't want to hurt her, it's the last thing I want to do. This is just hurting me so much, I don't know what to do. Any advice??:tears:

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

You said it yourself: you don't want to hurt her. That's true love imo, making that person happy. Even if that means you can't have a (romantic) relationship with them.
    Try to be the best friend you can be and be happy through her happiness if you know what I mean.
    I stillbhave feelings for a girl who's not interested in me, romantically, but I've come to accept she doesn't like me that way and is happier without me trying to get romantically involved. It's though and might take a while, but in the end it's the best for both of you.
    (*hug*)

3. Hexagon

I don't know of any way to cure love, other than time and falling for someone else. You are being a great friend though, as linthras said, you don't want to hurt her. The only advice I can give is to keep your feelings to yourself, carry on being a friend to her, and wait for it to pass. One day, you'll find someone else willing to return your affections.

4. somegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thankyou. I know that's what is best, I guess I just needed hear it from someone as well,just to make sure, if that makes sense

5. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    I know what you mean. I do that sometimes myself. My advice is to try to stop thinking about her, it's hard, I know, but it worked for me. Or you could remind yourself of the negatives of her. Hope I helped! :thumbsup:

6. somegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've tried to think of her negatives, but they're really aren't any. Im not just saying that, she is literally perfect