1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being ignored by the guy I like

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DragonKnight, Apr 17, 2013.

1. DragonKnight

DragonKnight Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For the past few weeks, I have been talking to this guy online and we both like each other. He asked me a couple of days ago if I wanted to meet up and I said yes (we wanted to meet up before but I've been busy with work). When I asked him what day he wanted to meet, he didn't respond and still hasn't. I sent him a text and 2 more messages over the past couple of days and no response even though he has been online. I never knew how much I liked him until he started ignoring me :frowning2: Do I send him another message? Do I just be blunt and ask him if he is still interested in me? He asked me to add him on facebook before, but I didn't want to because I'm not out yet but do I send him a friend request now? Or do I just accept that fact that he isn't just interested anymore? A small part of me hopes that he is still interested because he hasn't blocked, but I doubt that is true.

Sorry for all the questions, but I don't know what to do :frowning2:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! We don't allow the use of dating or hook-up sites here, so I went ahead and edited that out.

Either this guy is really busy, or else he's really busy with somebody else. What should you do? Send him one more message. "I'd still like to get together with you. Hit me up if you've got time." The ball is then in his court. He can contact you or not contact you. In the meantime, go on with your life and find somebody else.

Lex

3. funnylion

funnylion Guest

Totally agree with Lexington. I'd send one more message and let that determine the outcome. If he doesn't respond or if he says he's not interested then at least you'd never met him before and don't have too much of a (physical, at least) attachment to him. Best of luck!