1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to move on.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Draco, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I've posted a few post about my crush and how it just didn't work out. Anyways I still love him but have emotionally given up on the idea of "us". Since then I've become emotionally withdrawn from him and oh boy has he noticed! He hasn't actually addressed it but he's been doing his best to get back in my good gracious, well I think anyways. He's made it a point at work to always agree with me and the only time I've seen him smile is when I give him the slightest attention. The other day I turned the corner and his ass was right in front of me, when I told him " dude your ass is in my face" he smiled and did his best to push back to literally put it right on me. He's already told me that we will never be more than friends but I can tell he's not likening the very little attention I've been giving him. I'm doing my best to be friendly yet professional and keep myself emotionally unattached the best I can but he's throwing these signs at me. The way I see it is I need to stand my ground and not let him get his hooks into me. He said he doesn't want to be more than friends so now I need to keep protecting myself behind this wall I've put up so I can move on. What do you all think? He's displaying signs. Should I take the chane again, or hide behind my wall so I can move on with my life?

2. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    There's 2 options for his behavior:

1) he is a complete dick and is toying with you

2) he has feelings for you that he won't admit to you or maybe even himself.

Either way, u need to keep your wall up because if he is a dick he doesn't deserve your efforts and all the emotions that go along with the hurt, confusion etc a crush can bring. But if he is confused, he is the one that has to change. You still don't need to suffer from all of the emotions it will bring you, not if you've been making progress in getting over him.

3. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The thing is he's not a dick in anyway, I know for a fact he's not toying with me. He's very sensitive. That's what's makes me second guess everything

4. theMaverick

Then what I would do is straight up ask him what is going on? What does he want? Just lay it all out again, make him define what he wants and why he's doing what he's doing and don't take no for an answer.

5. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    If he's not a dick than for your feelings sake u have to let him know how what he is doing is making you feel

6. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is it wrong for me to let him stew in his own mess and make the next move. I want him to be able to figure it out on his own. I want him to realize he's gay on his own and figure it out

7. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    If u seriously suspect that he is gay then you HAVE to let him figure it out on his own. I'm dealing with a slightly similar situation and its very frustrating, but you can't force someone to come out if they aren't ready, as emotionally exhausting as it is....they have to sort that out on their own. The best you can do is show them you'd be one kick ass supportive friend that they could rely on with confidence.

8. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yea him and I have a drunken sexual history but he swears he's straight. I think I'm gonna hold my ground and let him figure it out.

9. theMaverick

Sounds like he's gay and in denial, so just give him time them. Let him figure it out.

10. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    The truth tends to come out when you're drunk. I know

11. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts" that's what they say and it's totally true. I'm not holding my breath anymore for him to figure it out. I'm gonna press on with my life and if he figured it out somewhere in there that ill take it into consideration.

12. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    That is the absolute best approach :slight_smile:

13. Aeriestars

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just confront him about it when it's just you two - probably outside of work. Tell him you don't understand what he's doing it, but you're over it. In the end you'll either be in a relationship (thing), or it'll stop.

14. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A few weeks back I told him I was over him. When I did he brought me breakfast in bed( we were sharing a hotel room) and carried my bags. I told him he was acting weird but he denied it. Honestly I'm tired of confronting him, I'm tired of every time I do he acts like its not gonna happen. I ready for once to let him squirm.

15. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I've been keeping a distance between me and my friend an he's been trying real hard to get back in but I've been holding my ground. Well about a month and a Half ago I invited him and several other people to a party, at the time he declined the invitation an I thought nothing of it until yesterday when he bluntly asked me when we were both leaving together to the party that's tomorow. I had to tell him I was going alone and that he wasn't invited. He hasn't spoke to me since. He's trying to get back in, should I let him come? Or should I keep holding my ground? Any advice? I'm probably gonna keep holding my ground.

16. HeyAshley

you can't "force" someone out of the closet. you have to wait for them to be ready & open about it. the whole ass in your face thing just sounds like a guy being a guy, not necessarily flirtatious. just leave him be.

if he does happen to come crawling back to you & out for the closet, you can work on it then if you're not pursuing anything. if you are, that's his loss.