1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Don't Know What To Do...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ShelBisexual18, Apr 17, 2013.

1. ShelBisexual18

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so I like this girl named Avery. (I'm a girl btw in case anyone wants to know) She's pansexual and I'm bisexual. I really like her and she says she likes me too. I just don't know what to do...idk whether to ask her out or just stay friends...I've liked her for a while... I'm just scared of getting bullied and made fun of at school just because we're 2 girls that like each other (we've held hands in the hall and at lunch for the past few days) :frowning2:

2. returning

I you think that your in a safe enough enviroment, ask her out! If you go to a public school, you can report bullying about LGBT. ( Not that you cant in a private school, but its harder, and the law isnt as much on your side.)

3. ShelBisexual18

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, at my school, the LGBT kids cannot hold hands, hug, or kiss their boyfriend or girlfriend. I myself have been a victim of this discrimination. I was told that holding hands with my then-girlfriend was seen as indecent. I made gay pride jeans (I’m bisexual) and wore them to school. Sure, maybe I was asking for trouble, but none of the other kids, wether they were straight, gay, lesbian, bi or transgender, had no issue with my jeans. But some of the teachers who don’t support the LGBT community saw my gay pride jeans as “a cry for attention and a cry for help.” They also reported to my principal that I was holding hands with and kissing my then-girlfriend. I was not given detention or suspended or anything, but nonetheless it made me extremely angry. My argument is that why is it allowed for straight couples to make out and in all other words have sex in the hallway, and no one says a goddamned word, but the minute a same-sex couple even TRIES to hold hands, they get shot down with gay slurs and death stares, just like I was. I feel like its not fair. I don’t know…maybe I’m just making a big deal out of nothing. I just came out fully yesterday that I’m bisexual.

4. returning

You could try going out with her in secret...but honestly, if you've already come out, there's probably not much that would make them bully you more than they are now.

5. ShelBisexual18

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, you've got a point