1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice ??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thejinx, Apr 18, 2013.

1. thejinx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just wondering if anyone has ever been in a similar position as I am now and how you dealt with it.
    Basically I was in a relationship for almost 2 years, no relationship is perfect but I can honestly say I was proud of mine, well up until a few months ago. Anyway about the end of January I noticed things were changing, my gf seemed to be less interested in seeing me and more interested in her phone. She started telling me she wanted to spend less time with me and see her friends more. Needless to say I started to get a bit suspicious and 3 weeks ago I finally had enough. We've never had a real bad argument before but I was really angry at her. She started to ignore me, wouldn't answer my texts or calls. I booked a holiday for our anniversary which was in May, because she was ignoring me I cancelled the booking, I couldn't risk losing out on all my money. Then I started to think she must be interested in someone else because she's not bothered about going on holiday for our anniversary. So I sent her a few texts which came across very nasty I must admit. She finally stopped ignoring me and told me if I ever contacted her again she'd block my number, she said she didn't want to be with me or anybody else. I was shocked and heartbroken but I deleted her number. After a week she made contact, told me she still didn't want to be with me but wanted to be friends. We started being civil to each other for a little while. One night she seemed down, so I rang her to ask what was wrong. She started crying and said that I've ruined everything and it's too late for us. I couldn't sleep that night so I sent her a text saying I was sorry and explaining why I got angry, I told her I didn't want it to be over and I thought we could fix things, after that she started ignoring me again.
    Really confused, I don't want it to be over. She says there's no one else and we both still love each other so I don't see why we cant work things out. Should I just leave her and hope she comes to her senses?

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You may indeed have to let her sort things out. Nevertheless, there does seem to be an underlying issue that needs to be resolved...

3. asmith6543

I think your passage does not have enough information to be able to answer the question.

Before you said anything to her, she seemed to be distancing herself from you. Why was that? You need to find that out before we can give you any advice. I'm talking about before you came across as nasty with her.

4. thejinx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She just became very secretive, started not to tell me important things that were going on in her life. We live 2 hours apart and she works a lot so we usually see each other once every 2 or 3 weeks, which is hard but I thought she was definitely worth it. I felt like the last few months she just wasn't as excited to see me as she used to be, and she even suggested we didn't see each other as much. This is what started all my suspicions but I gave her chances to tell me what was going on in her head, but she never really gave me a real reason. So in the end I got angry, which I think is a normal reaction but she's using this as an excuse as why we can't be together. I think it's deeper than that but she wont open up to me.