1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shock and Awed?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AshesofAshley, Apr 18, 2013.

1. AshesofAshley

I recently came out to most everyone including the family that matters, but still had one hurdle left. That last hurdle was loneliness. I felt for the longest time that I wouldn't be able to find a companion, a partner in the area that I live. At least not one that is open and understanding of my sexual/gender orientation. Well, I found someone. A woman, a very smart, attractive, professional minded woman has stolen my heart. Even after I thought it impossible for a woman to do so. Shocked and awed. I feel things that I have never felt in an honest capacity before, I finally feel completely accepted and generally cared about.

Things are just better now. Thanks to everyone on this site for the encouragement and the guidance and advice. If it weren't for you all there is no telling where I would be. You all brought me back from a dark place and you all are the reason I finally feel like a normal human being.(&&&)

2. funnylion

funnylion Guest

Congratulations! That's really great to hear. I wish you continued happiness and peace.

I'm kind of in the opposite situation right now. I've finally told myself and accepted that I am gay but my next (admittedly HUGE) hurdle will be the coming out part. I don't have near enough courage to do that any time soon but when it happens, I can only hope to find as much happiness as you have.

3. LateRobert

Hi Funny Lion

Well, I know what you mean by not having the courage. It took me much longer than you to even admit to myself that I might be gay.

After reading so many comments on this site, maybe you should come out to just a couple of friends first. Their response might give you the courage you need to tell others. You don't want to end up like me, living the life that I felt everyone else wanted me to live. Now at the ripe old age of 53 here I am trying to finally step outside of my closeted life.

Good luck