1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't believe she did this!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Revomantic, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Revomantic

Revomantic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Last night I was hanging out with one of the women I THOUGHT was a dear friend. This is the same lady who helped me accept myself and face my Right Wing Christian family. What happened, you're asking?

She told me she doesn't support marriage equality. She looked me dead in the eye and told me it is her belief, as a Christian, that marriage is the union of one male and one female. This is the same lady who divorced her husband of 8 years "because he was boring." This is also the same lady who shook our friendship hard when she told me that the last two of her boyfriends I met were actually married, and she was okay with having an affair with them.

I'm still just completely shocked by all this. I feel weird sitting here typing this. It's like....what?

2. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Well she sounds like one of those stuck up women that is about 10 foot tall, with a net value of 3 million, and someone that never smiles when you look at her. Just tell her to get lost and call her a snobby cow that hasn't got a clue about life!

(And breathe), sorry about that, but she sounds horrible.

3. Cougar

Cougar Guest

I think you have a problem with accepting contrary points of view. A friend isn't a friend because he or she agrees with you.

'Marriage equality': Sex is a human right, and monogamy is about reducing the sexual freedom. Thus monogamy should not be promoted by the state. Privileges should be slowly abolished as women become more independent. But I am not against chastity belts, whoever likes them should use them. Sex is a fine art and not necessarily related to love or marriage.

Boring people are insupportable, they should not be forced upon us. Your friend was wise to end the disaster, as we live only once.

There is no problem with dating married men, because men need variation, and your friend could help out. Fine! Perhaps she could prolong the two marriages in this way.

I wonder how you manage to feel morally superior, perhaps you are from a very small town and still believe in many things that don't exist in reality? We humans are animals, and the last thing we need are chains that reduce our freedom.

Perhaps you realize now that you promote with your 'marriage equality' the same reduction of sexual freedom that you propagate in the two other examples for the heterosexual marriage.

Leave your narrow moral world by reading Honoré de Balzac's Cousin Bette. The institution of marriage could only survive because men didn't care much for the monogamous aspect.

And take better care of your fag hags. :icon_wink

4. sillyolme

*closes jaw by hand* I'm sorry but she seems like an idiot to me.. No offence. Bit like those religious extremists who bomb for their religion and completly disregard "Do not murder". Makes no sense to me