1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friendship!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ivyleaf, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Ivyleaf

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone,
    I'm Ivy, 20 (from today on, yay!) and I considered myself a lesbian until, like, maybe a week ago.
    So there is this guy I really like, he's a friend of mine I met last November at university, and we get along so well it always surprises me. And one night three months ago we played drinking games and I was drunk and curled up right next to him, cuddled in closely. And it didn't leave me alone anymore, this kind of feeling like when I'm with him I am totally calm.
    First I thought it was just some kind of overreaction. I'm not a very touchy-feely-type, so even sleeping next to other people for me is some kind of deal.
    And then, one night a few weeks ago I realized I might have a crush on him.

Well.. have some of you made similar experiences? Have you fallen for a friend, and told them? Or not?
    I'm trying to find some kind of solution, but I am so afraid to ruin our friendship (which I wouldn't wanna loose in the world).

Thanks to everyone for reading my rambling. :slight_smile:

-Ivy

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Ivy :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Ivyleaf

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi back.:slight_smile: thank you!

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey girl, how you doin'? Welcome to EC LoL :welcome:

When people cuddle, there's a hormone called Oxytocin which is released, and it causes a feeling of serenity amongst other things. (You can google it if you'd like!)

Yes, I only fall for my friends and have been friendzoned every time! (even by a guy for all those who think it's impossible for guys to friendzone girls...) My first love was a girl and we'd cuddle and had a total bramance. (Yes they do exist! LoL) I told her how I felt, she didn't feel the same, our best friendship sort of ended and caused me to spiral into depression blah blah blah.

Anyways, I'm glad you joined EC! :icon_bigg

5. Wolfie Charm

Hey, welcome to EC and I do believe a happy birthday is in order? :slight_smile:

The best friend deal happens often. I think I have seen threads on here where those that considered themselves only interested in women found a guy that drew them in.

6. Ivyleaf

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for answerring me, I know this must be pretty annoying.:/

Aw, I experienced the same, but I fortunately got out of it, somehow. I'm very sorry it caused depression, that shouldn't be the way! that's just horrible! :frowning2: It happens to me too, pretty often, thinking about it. Right now it feels.. very different.
    But yeah, the best friend deal is.. somehow common, but not just for gay girls and their male friend, isn't it? :wink:

Thanks for the birthday wishes. ^___^ And thank you all for the warm welcome, I haven't experienced anything like this in a forum before.

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What part of this could be annoying? @_@

I'm excited for you. New romantic interests are awesome. ^_^ I shall now befriend you!

8. Ivyleaf

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We now shall be befriended, hihi :slight_smile: