1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Leohunsaker1994, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Leohunsaker1994

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sooo,
    Im graduating in a month and my family wants to come down to watch it…..okay background would be good….
    I use to live eith my mom and dad. They’ve always abused my siblings and i. I became depreseed and did some stuff…. When I was about 10 my sister came out to the police and told them that my dad had raped her. They took my sister away and left the other 4 of us with my parents. The abuse continued. In 2011, I was in a chainsaw accident of which my dad was holding the saw when the accident happened. Later that same year my dad looked through my ipod and saw my facebook that I made saying I was gay. They beat me for it, and about 3 or 4 months later they gave me up to another family to live with, while they still had legal custody. This new family I lived with was amazing, they helped and supported me through a lot. About a month after moving in I cut myself again and they sent me to a mental hospital down in Boise.
    So one year later, I don’t cut anymore and I am somewhat happy with were im living, im still not able to live my lifestlye openly. But over the past year my dad has maybe txted me 4 times. And now they are wanting to come to my graduation. Of course im going to invite them, but im scared.
    Also My father approached the family I lived with before moving to boise and practically threatened her and told her that she was to have no communication with me. My dad doesn’t know im still talking to her, but I want her there at my graduation. Help…… :/ :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

2. asmith6543

Why do you feel you owe it to your previous family to invite them to your graduation? I see family as being the entity that nutures you and holds similar beliefs. Your dad is an abuser, and a lousy scum for what he did to your sister. Your adoptive family is now getting threatened by your father for sticking their neck out and helping someone who wasn't their own?

You're father is an ass, and If I was in your position, I would tell him off, and tell him that his presence wasnt welcome. He can be a figure in your life, but not one to look up to. He wasnt ready to be a parent, and should never have had any kids until he was mature enough to care for them in all aspects of life. It looks like he will never get to that point. He probably feels empowered over having control over you.

Why do you say "of course I'm going to invite them?" Are you crazy? What am I missing here?

#2 asmith6543, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  3. Leohunsaker1994

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i dont want HIM to come, i want to see my brothers that still live with them. And my brothers wont be able to come unless my parents come. i miss my brothers, and i just want to make sure they are okay.

---------- Post added 19th Apr 2013 at 11:42 AM ----------

and ints not an adoptive family, my parents still had custody over me until i turned 18.

4. asmith6543

Your brothers dont have to come to your graduation for you to make sure that they are okay... I guess I'm not fully understanding your family situation, but that is alright. Your dad seems to be the type of guy you just have to deal with. So explain to your second family that you really want your siblings there, and that you can celebrate with them afterwards, but you're only doing this to minimize the drama.

Assuming you were born in 1994 from your SN, and that this is a high school graduation, life will be somewhat different in college with respect to your dad. Just get past this graduation and you're gonna be that much better off. I'm sure your 2nd family will understand.