1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a second opinion.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lukeveon, Apr 19, 2013.

1. lukeveon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    OK. So I have been in Track for a year and a half. This season, I met a guy that I really like. We became friends almost immideately. He is nice, a good listener, and very cute! I had a crush on him a little after that. We talk every day at track, and he asked me over Spring break to train him for track. We do talk a lot, and we do touch each other(mind outta the gutter)
    I cant figure out if I should, or how to, come out to him. Now, I may be overthinking the touching thing. I can't tell if he puts his arm around me because he likes me, or if he's just tired out from track. Now I've heard all about what the football players do in the locker room (whip each other with towels when they're in underwear[I WANT]) but I don't know if that is the type of contact that he is initiating in. But the main reason that I am posting this is because I'm not sure if I should, or how to, come out to him. Now, I know he would accept me even if he knew that I'm bi, and even if he isin't. But I also know that he has a close friend that is also in track that would definately gossip about us. I don't want to be made fun of (there are homophobes on the team) for liking guys just because of a crush that I have that may or may not be intrested. Should I come out to him, or just try to get over the crush?
    Thanks for reading, and sorry if I sound like I'm just blabbing.

2. funnylion

funnylion Guest

Sports can be really tough. I played sports all through high school and really had to control my emotions/feelings. Seeing as I don't know you two I can't answer definitively but I'm inclined to believe that he's just touching you (leaning on you) because he considers you a very close friend and nothing more. That's probably not the answer you wanted to hear but I think that's probably the case. I know that the relay team(s) that I was on were very close and we'd often show affection (hugging, leaning on each other, etc) in ways that just meant we were a close team and not in any sexual way. I know it can be tough when you have feelings for someone but I really think the sports aspect may be giving you some false signals. Now, if he starts getting close to you and doing these things completely out of the track context then we may have a different story on our hands. But otherwise, I'm afraid there's probably not much more here than a very close friendship.

Sorry if this bums you out but I'm just speaking from how I felt during my high school years.

3. lukeveon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks! I am not exactly sad; though I am a bit dissapointed. I just needed a second opinion from someone that has been in a sport and knew what I was talking about enough to be able to give a honest answer.
    Thanks again!

4. funnylion

funnylion Guest

Certainly! Best of luck to you. Hang on to those friends though, even after track and sports and high school if you can. Honestly, the bonds you form through working together at track and hanging out together all the time can turn into some really great friendships down the line.