1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Venting!! >:( (EXTREMELY long, sorry)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GlamKat, Apr 20, 2013.

1. GlamKat

Ugh. So I've been on an exchange program to France and my partner is an itch with a capital B. She's been like this since the very beginning. When she came to Canada though she was at least tolerable!

In Canada she would make no effort to communicate or to do anything with me and my friends, she showed no enthusiasm towards anything, she complained that she was cold and hungry when she chose not to eat lunch and not to wear her jacket, she complains that she's tired when she stays up 'til midnight on Facebook or her phone every night, and all she wants to do is go on Facebook. I'd try and talk to her and do stuff with her but no, she's not interested.

When she left she wanted me to mail her some class pictures, so I said I would and like, 3 days after she leaves she messages me on Facebook asking if I've sent them and I explain that I haven't even received them yet and she tells me to 'hurry up' as if there's anything I can f*cking do about it. When I do get them she tells me to send them and I told her I would the following Monday because we're going away and there's no time and she freaks out and gets all pissed off because she 'won't get them before Christmas' even though in the end she did (like 3 weeks before Christmas actually). After that I tried to keep in contact with her to be nice and she never replied to my messages.

When I get to France she doesn't say hello, ignores me, introduces me to no one (not her family, not her friends, no one), doesn't show me where anything is, doesn't tell me ANYTHING! The only time she talked to me was to tell me that it was time to eat.

Whenever she had friends over she never invited me to join them, so I was just like awkwardly by myself. When I chose to join them at my own free will she'd ignore me, not introduce me, and her friend wouldn't know who I am or what my name was so there wasn't really any conversation.

At school she introduced me to no one, and didn't talk to me. And like, it's already hard enough not knowing the language AND being the new kid, but I'm also a shy person, so I was kind of by myself for the first few days. But I found my own friends and I really enjoyed myself with them :grin:

Then she goes off and tells all her friends that I'm a bitch, I annoy her, I'm ugly, I'm worthless, I'm stupid, I'm a whore... And there was a school dance, so, I did what most people do at a dance (dance) and I had a good time! And then I find out that she took a video of me to mock me! Like WTF?!?! And she thinks I don't know that she says and does these things. With her friend she said that she didn't like me when I was about a meter away from her sitting on the couch and her friend is like "She's right there!" but she insists that "it's okay, she doesn't understand French anyway..." Um... no.

And it's like, I can't do ANYTHING without her getting pissed off! I talk to her; she gets mad. I don't understand; she gets mad. I ask a question; she gets mad. I follow her; she gets mad. I don't follow her; she gets mad. I laugh; she gets mad. I look at her; she gets mad. It's like, if I even BREATH in her airspace she gets pissed off!

I've tried to think back to something I might have done but I seriously can't think of anything! I think it's just because we're two very different people. I mean, I'm into martial arts, she's into gymnastics. She likes to drink and get wasted, I don't. She smokes, I don't. She makes fun of people for amusement, and I just DON'T! It wasn't a good match-up needless to say.

What made me post this is about what happened today. So I leave tomorrow (thank God) and I told her mum I was missing some clothes and I needed them to finish packing my suitcase. So her mum told her to help me look. So we go upstairs and she shoves the basket of clothes at me and tells me to look. So I figure, "I leave tomorrow, just suck it up." So I take it and find a few of my things. I told her I'm still missing some socks and a tank-top and she groans and she's like "Well what do they look like?" so I tell her and she looks for about 5 seconds and I tell her "They're not there; I already checked," and she freaks out and says "Well then they're lost! It's not my fault! It's your fault you lost them. If you don't pick them up when they come out then they're going to get lost!"

Okay... WTF...

First off, why was she even putting blame on people? I never ONCE started blaming her for them being lost!

Secondly, it's not at ALL my fault they got lost! I put them in the laundry, and they never came out. Is it my fault for putting them in the f*cking laundry? What do you expect me to do? Just wear dirty clothes for three months?! It's not my fault they got lost in the laundry and never came out.

After she yells at me screaming it's my fault I go back into my room because I was just sick and tired of her yelling at me. It's BS. If she's not going to help me I'm not going to stand here and take it. Like, 10 minutes later she come back and throws some socks and my tank top at me and says, "they were in my dresser."

NO F:***:ING WONDER THEY WERE LOST BECAUSE YOU TOOK THEM!

Oh my God... I mean, it was probably by accident that she took them, but it wasn't my fault, so that pissed me off.

I still have some underwear and clothes missing.

Earlier (about 2 months earlier) I asked if she could put some pictures she took onto my memory stick and she said she would. I didn't get it back for awhile so a few days later I asked about it and she said she'd do it soon and give it back to me when it's done. A few weeks passed and I asked again and she's like "Didn't I give it to you?" I said no and she's like "Oh" so she goes and looks for it and then announces that she lost it.

:bang:

Like, I had stuff on that memory stick! So I did not appreciate that at all!

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***:

All I ever get from her are dirty looks! Like geez... I didn't do anything and if I did she doesn't ever tell me so I can't fix it!

This is like a novel, so sorry, but it feels good to write it all out.

#1 GlamKat, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  2. CatofOld

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay, it sounds like this girl has some serious xenophobia going on, which would explain why she had no interest in doing anything in your country and wasn't very nice to you when you were in her country. Do you know if she wanted to do this program? Maybe her mom and dad made her and that is why she was acting so poorly. Either way its over now and I really hope her behavior didn't stop you from enjoying France.

3. GlamKat

I don't know if she wanted to do it because she personally wanted to do it or because her cousin, sister, bestfriend, and bestfriend's brother did it. Honestly though, she probably only wanted to do it because her sister did and she does whatever her sister does.
    Honestly, I hope it's xenophobia because it would be sad to hear that that's just her personality.
    But yeah, at least it's ending. And I did actually have a fantastic time in France :grin: We were in school for a majority of the time I was here and the people at school were nice to me and absolutely hilarious so I had a wonderful time :grin: