1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He keeps on Avoiding Me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, Apr 20, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

The boy I like does look at me from a distance, but never close up, but that's not the problem.

Only quite recently, he tries to avoid me quite frequently. Every Friday after school, I would wait for my 3 friends to walk home with, and my crush has PE last lesson and walks home with a couple of his friends, but usually he walks past me. But only recently I have noticed that he goes the other way, which still takes him the same route, but it just allows him to not walk past me. The alternative route does take any less time that the normal one would, and I cannot think of any reason that he would change to that route.

I was thinking that he has found out that I like him, and is therefore avoiding me, but it might be that he likes me back, and doesn't want to ruin his chances, and feels embarrassed. I don't know!

What do you think?

Thanks in Advance!

2. Femmeme

Didn't you say a friend told him that you like him? I sincerely doubt he's forgotten that. Also there's a good chance he's noticed you looking at him (we're all way more obvious about that than we realize.) So yes, he might be avoiding you. He also might not be, but there is NO WAY of knowing if you don't TALK to him.

3. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Yes a friend did tell him, but I'm still not sure if he's avoiding me, it might just be a one off.

4. Aeriestars

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why don't you just talk to him?

5. LD579

Well... This may be a sign that you should back off a tad, if possible. I'd suggest that you be careful now... You don't want him to feel uncomfortable or like he's being harassed in a way (Even though that's not your intent, it's best to err on the side of caution, basically). You may wish to talk to him, if you're unsure as to whether he likes you or not (Unfortunately, I'm inclined to believe he's either annoyed or weirded out by you. It may not be fair of him to think of you that way, but... He's 11. It's understandable), but... I think it'd be best to not do so. It's up to you, though.

I wouldn't suggest that you read into this too much. Yes, he's taking an alternate route... There could be many reasons. Just don't incense him in any way, basically. Good luck, anyways, if you decide to talk to him =)

6. stumble along

basically this

7. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Do you think that it really means anything if he just takes a different route? Could it just be a one off, because he doesn't avoid me in any other way.

8. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think you have to face the real possibility that he avoids you because you freak him out. Obv, I can't say that's what is happening here, but you need to consider it.

9. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You need to give him some space. If he's avoiding you then let him. But you even admitted that him taking a different route is the only instance. That doesn't mean he's avoiding you, it could just mean he wants to take a different route. Last year I used to take a certain route after leaving school, this year I take a different one because it cuts off like ten minutes of my travel time. You need to not overthink things. You also need to consider the very real possibility that he doesn't like you back the same way...mostly because he's eleven. If someone had told me when I was eleven that some older guy liked me...I would've freaked out.