1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel alone :'(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jlathan15, Apr 20, 2013.

1. jlathan15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    im a 16 year old guy and i know for a fact i am gay. Ive always knew. But the thing thats most hard to cope with is being alone. Ive always longed for someone to kiss hug love and have fun moments with, i know people may think im too young but i feel like im not. Sometimes i feel like theres literally no one out their for me and sometimes i go as far to think ill be alone...forever Sometimes it just f*****g sucks. I just want to be happy and im not. I dont want to be the person who has their first relashonship at like 50 lol. I just feel like no ones there for me. My family arent homophobic but i dont know how they would react to their teenage son liking penises soo their out the equation...i just want to get over this feeling :bang:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being alone is hard for a lot of people - but an important thing to remember about loneliness is that it can be as much a frame of mind as it is an external fact of your social life. People can be lonely while in a relationship, or with friends, or with family.

Maybe you could ask yourself, aside from the physical side and the idea of having a regular person to go out with, what you think being in a relationship will bring to your life that you can't get on your own. Where do you think you're missing it from? Is there something you're not getting from other people in your life that is making you look for more human contact?

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with what Gravity is saying to you, I want some Male Contact & feel alone at the moment, but I know that I will meet someone when I least expect it, check my previous thread out :slight_smile:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-chat/90350-i-need-man-5.html

4. bringmetolife

Dude I Feel exactly the same as you do! but im 28 yo! it is just so hard to find our mr. right. I was in a 10 year relationship that ended 2 years ago. After the first year of the breakup, I started dating again. I just cant find my Mr. right. Just dont give up. THere is someone there who would be a perfect match for you.

For the meantime, try to enjoy being alone. I know its difficult but you have to do things that you are passionate about, that way you have a 'life' and would make you sound interesting.

5. AKTodd

Hi There!

I know it hurts to be alone right now but it isn't going to last forever. As I understand it Atlanta has a pretty large LGBT community and active culture. Have you looked to see if there is a GSA or other LGBT youth group in your area? Or maybe an LGBT community center?

Also, I did a quick google and there are a lot of gay Meetup groups in the Atlanta area. Not sure what (if any) age limits they may have, but maybe look into them and see if anything strikes your interest and is close enough to get to (my understanding is that the Atlanta metropolitan area is quite large). Even if they don't offer something for someone your age right now, they may be able to point you in the direction of resources for you or give you something to aim for when you turn 18 or something.

If you can get out and socialize with more folks, it both helps with the loneliness issue and increases the odds of meeting someone who you want to have a relationship with.

And of course, here on EC there are lots of folks who are happy to talk with you :smilewave

Not quite the same as having a relationship, but sometimes just having someone to chat with can help a lot.

Take care and hope this helps,

Todd

6. Yui

Yui

Google 'lgbt youth center atlanta' - Todd had a very good idea :slight_smile:

I know that there is one because a friend of mine who used to live there always went to their meetings. They had a movie night each week and would go out to eat after meetings, if I remember correctly. I think the name was something with 'pride' in it, but I'm not sure.

I think that would be a good way to meet other lgbt teens and maybe a potential boyfriend :slight_smile:

#6 Yui, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  7. eatsleepclimb

I understand--my parents told me that I shouldn't have relationships until I'm 17 because they are worried about how people would react if I had a girlfriend. But definitely meet other people if possible. Even if you don't have a relationship, knowing other people that are going through what you are will help.
    Good luck!

8. J205

J205 Guest

I kind of feel the same way too.