1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love life advice for social untouchables...?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sunshine Cries, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Sunshine Cries

Hey there, please help?

So I've liked - maybe fallen in love with - this girl 'named' MacKenzie for a while. I just found out likes me back, but whereas I'm the if-there's-a-will-there's-a-way kind of person and am still willing to try long distance, she decided it's not a good idea, because seven times zones and the Atlantic Ocean separate us. But I'm still VERY in love with her and don't know how to cope with the rejection.
    (I'll admit, I got a little back into some of my self-harm and cough syrup-drinking habits over it; I just didn't know how to deal with it at the time. I'm clean now, though.)

But I was at a jazz competition with my school big band the entirety of Saturday. Over an early dinner, I ended up sitting next to the second trombonist of our band - let's call him Dan.
    Dan and I started talking about whatever, and 'clicked'. He's also been the first person I've met in that band to respect my vegetarianism, anarchism, taste in music, and the fact that I swear. A LOT.
    We ended up hanging out the rest of the day. He started to flirt a little with me, so I went along with it and flirted back - a little. We became attached to the point that my section (rhythm) started making fun of me about it ("here, trade seats with me so you can sit next to your lovely gentleman friend!").

By the time we got back to school, it was past midnight. My brother had called me telling me that he was there to pick me up, and I wanted to sleep at that point, so I hurried to get out, but Dan stopped me and asked for my number. I joked a little over it, but gave it to him anyways.

I'm nervous as hell. I mean, I could like Dan, I'd be willing to date him (he has a bit of an acne problem, but other than that he's cute, smart, nice, and has a great personality), but I'm still in love with MacKenzie. I'm really fucking confused and nerve-wracked, and I just want help.

What can I do? Help?

...Please?

2. Fire2free

Fire2free Guest

I get where the other girl in coming from cause I broke it off cause of distance too, I'd say try those where things are going with Dan and your still young so only time will tell.
    P.S. there's a lot of support you can find in CO at local LGBT Teen centers. I've been going to my local one and it helps.

3. QueerQueen

I personally wouldn't see where things go with Dan, only because I fell in love with a girl and we also had a distance problem.. mainly her going off to university. I tried getting over her, even dating another girl just to stop thinking about her. Of course it didn't work, my feelings for the girl I dated were nothing compared to the ones I felt for the previous girl. I ended up hurting the girl I dated, were broken up now and I still have feelings for the girl I fell in love with. We still talk, but there is still the problem of distance and I still have those feelings for her. Unless you really get over the girl, your relationship with Dan will most likely not work. I'm not trying to be negative, but if you feel the same way that I feel for this girl, everything you feel for other people will seem really minor.