1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get over a breakup?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Unsurevirgin, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Another thread by me I know annoying lol how do get over a break up and become emotionally stable ? My ex and I were together for 6 months and 1 yr we're still best friends and I love talking to him but how do I get over him for now?:help:

2. PillsHere

Pre-occupy yourself with something. When you think about him find something that requires your attention and focus on that. Me, I get hateful. I listen to angry music and exercise and think about how much of a dick that person really was.

3. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Thank u but he wasn't we both agreed to end it he was very good for me it's just I didn't return his feelings. But thank u ur very cute :slight_smile:

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I occasionally have to give myself a bit of a pep-talk to get over my ex. What I remember is that I did the right thing by breaking up with her, and while the relationship was great, it was time for it to end. You are both better off not dating, even if it still hurts.

It's a longer way of saying "Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened." (*hug*)

5. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Try to preoccupy your thoughts, have you got anything to look forward to, a holiday maybe? If you have, then think of all the happiness you will have. Try to get involved in activities that will occupy your mind.

Saying that you are still best friends, that is both an advantage and disadvantage. The advantage is that it might be easier to get over him if you are with him more because you will understand that you are better off as friends and nothing more. The disadvantage is that it might not help you get over it as you would be together a lot.

Just try to keep yourself busy, talk to friends and family, get out the house more often etc.

Good Luck! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 22nd Apr 2013 at 07:25 AM ----------

Just to add, it's OK to cry. Sometimes we all just want to scream and cry for 10 years, and that's fine. Cry if you want, it actually does help!