1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal to react like this?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by WeAreYoung, Apr 22, 2013.

1. WeAreYoung

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hiya every one :slight_smile: Im a 20 year old female, came out to family and friends about 4/5 months ago so every one I'm close to knows and has accepted (mostly) that im gay.

I was just wondering if it was normal to feel extremely awkward when straight friends show physical affection towards you? I don't enjoy hugging my straight friends, probably because im paranoid theyll think im coming onto them, or "enjoying it too much" even when they initiate it. A friend sat on my knee the other day and I felt kinda angry, wondering if they were trying to mess with my feelings, and then grateful at the same time because they weren't treating me any different. The same friend asked me to squeeze the top of their leg to feel how hard it was and i completely refused, just the thought of it made me awkward. It's not even that I find my friends sexually attractive, I just seem to have this thing where I'm only comfortable being physically affectionate with other lesbians. I'm cool with my sexuality, I'll talk about it openly so I dont really understand why im like this? Can any one else relate or give me some advice on how to chill the heck out lol?

#1 WeAreYoung, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  2. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Simply... Yes it's completely normal. (*hug*) :thumbsup:

3. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea I sometimes feel like that.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel really awkward in any situation like that. I always wonder if it's completely casual for them, and it's only me who is being weird about liking it more than normal.

Just try to power through, I guess. Act natural and it'll be okay :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. WeAreYoung

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for the replys guys, glad im not the only one!! :slight_smile: