1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My best friend isn't my best friend... Really

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gazza123, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

So at Uni I was kind of a loner and couldn't make friends. I went to this support place at Uni and met this other guy who was the same.

Back then I thought cool I can make a friend

It's only now, two years later, I realise we were forced into being friends and it wasn't a natural friendship.

This was made even more evident to me when he stayed over last week. He's not local and I haven't saw him since graduation, two years ago.

I only thought he was a best friend cuz he was my only friend. Guess I just jumped to conclusions on that one. Anyways...

He stayed over but something just felt... Off. He picked on my DVDs and blurays and says he has more Oscar winnibg films than me and just remember thinking I don't friggin care. He also said he watches more serious tv than me and I just felt saying "go home then and watch your Oscar winnibg films and serious tv then"

He just got on my nerves

We went to see a film which I paid for and he just it was alright / predictable and I didn't even get a thanks.

I just kept thinking I've got this all wrong. We're not friendsz he just gets on my nerves

I don't want him as a friend and now I feel stuck

I'm started to make friends at work and those feel better and more natural

This one feels forced and artificial

2. Colours

Maybe the reason that this friendship feels forced is that you've made other friends now and it made you realize how real friendships are.

Besides, you haven't seen him in 2 years. Maybe you've just grown apart.

Maybe try to talk to him about it. If you really feel this way about the friendship then it's probably best to end the friendship. You don't necessarily have to break up with him or something, since he's not local you could let it die out. But that's up to you of course.

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I think my best option is just let it slowly die out

I think I've just realised what a real friendship is like

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And once you do, there's no going back to lukewarm friends!