1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusion

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dunno, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Dunno

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know there have been other threads like this, so I'm sorry if this seems redundant.

I'm a freshman in highschool, and I've recently decided that I'm not so sure about anything relating to my sexuality. I have had a crush on the same girl since fourth grade, but now I also like this one guy who sits behind me in biology.

At the beginning of the year we didn't really talk, because one of his friends that he has known longer sat between us, but around the beginning of the second semester the teacher had us all move our desks. I didn't really have friends in the class (I don't have very many friends, and the only people I knew were some popular girls and this one bully) either. Anyway, when we moved desks my crush seemed intent on getting the seat behind me, which, gladly, he did. Now he seems to almost ignore his older friends, even though they're sitting in the row right next to us, and we talk most of the time, or read (we both like to read a lot). We're partners for every activity, and even though he has a bit better grade than I do in the class he seems to make excuses to ask me questions.

We also have Study Hall together, but we have assigned seats there, and so he and I sit on opposite ends of the room. However, on Fridays (when we can choose our seats) we and some of his other friends always sit together. Then last Thursday, he just decided to ditch his friends who he normally sits by and come to the seat in front of me. Luckily, we're both in very good standing with our Study teacher, so she didn't mind.

---
    I would like to think that my crush is shared, but I really don't feel confident in saying that, despite my experiences with him. What do you guys think?

Also, any tips for flirting? I'm not very good with conversation, so we usually just talk about books and Minecraft, which I don't feel is very flirtatious... I do try to do things with him outside of school, like I organized a small party for Spring Break with he, his twin, and some of their friends, and I'm going to see if he can come to this faire with me on Friday.

I would really appreciate any insight/advice!

---------- Post added 22nd Apr 2013 at 02:37 PM ----------

I just remembered that he also has a girlfriend. They've been dating for about two years, and that's pretty much it. They and most of his friends sit together at lunch (I didn't know him at the beginning of the year, and by the second day their table was full, so... yeah.), but aside from that I've only really seen them talk a few times.

2. Dunno

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
  3. Sully

He has a girlfriend. He's off limits, even if he's bisexual, transexual, pansexual, lesbian, trans-siberian railway, or straight. In my opinion it's wrong to push it if he's in a relationship. Then again, if you're keen why the hell not! Just gotta get him to get rid of the ball and chain first.

If that's not completely useless advice, I don't know what is.

#3 Sully, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  4. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    100% this.

5. Dunno

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would never try to get him to cheat on her, or to break up with her to date me. I just don't know what to do, and I would like to pick up some tips for flirting, just because I really don't know how.