1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is This Too Much?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by madi, Apr 22, 2013.

1. madi

So not ready to do this yet, but I'm planning I'm going to wait until we've gone on a few more dates. We are "dating" but not together yet. (we're in high school so to be girlfriend and girlfriend you straight up have to ask.)
    She really wants a pride bracelet. I am going to make her one. It's a embroidery floss "friendship bracelet" style, but with a shrinky dink rainbow heart in the middle. Very craftsy I know. I wear one that I made similar but without the heart detail.
    I am painting a little jewelry box to look like a TARDIS (we are both Whovians) and write on the inside "I <3 <3 you...Be my companion?"
    When I present it to her I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend. It's kind of like a proposal, but not as serious? Is it too much? It's her first relationship so I just want to make things really special for her.

2. HP7465213

That's really cute and special. I think you should just go for it. If she's who you think she is, she'll say "yes, duh." Best of luck :slight_smile:

3. Shadow7796

Shadow7796 Guest

I think that sounds really cute and like a good plan. The bracelet is a nice, special gift (side note: yay Whovians!)

4. madi

Thanks guys and InTheUndertow, nice to hear from a fellow whovian

5. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

That is the cutest idea ever! I know that if a girl gave me a Tardis jewelry box, I would melt! :slight_smile: She will love it

6. madi

I changed the idea for the box since I have seen the TARDIS idea too many places on the internet and seems like it's being overdone. So here's the new idea:
    We are both also into Star Trek and she loves Kirk so it's a box half gold, half blue with a rainbow Star Fleet Symbol on the top and inside it will read "Be the Kirk to my Spock?"