1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am I a hyprocrite?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LuckyScrubs, Apr 23, 2013.

1. LuckyScrubs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, this one time I was hanging out with my usual group of friends and we were chatting normal stuffs when one thing lead to another until one of the guy, K, blatantly said, "Lucky for D (who was not there at the time) that he didn't turn up gay as he was the only boy of 3 siblings". At that moment, I immediately turn moody and they noticed, but when they asked me if anything's wrong, I replied that nothing's wrong without hiding my real emotion from my face.

Only back at their place, they really confronted me in which I told them that I was offended on what K mentioned back then as if he categorized me, being 'gay', to be wrong although they are OK with that. He later apologized and tried to explain what he meant was that D was lucky he did not have effeminate personality.
    (note: my friend told me he can't stand effeminate/trans people).

There was also one time where we (just me and K) had controlled argument where we would talk on how he believed that being 'gay' is not a choice, but for some it comes as a result of abuse in which I told him I believe it is not a choice and some are just late bloomer.
    (note: I haven't really discussed the stereotypes that people assume all gay people are as I think it will be cleared along with time)

Seeing him as of now, I don't think I can change his mind soon, but we remain close friends who hung out occasionally and I don't mind that. What I'm afraid of is, am I being hypocrite (or insert other degrading adj.) for having this friend and don't mind it at all as we get along just fine? am I wrong for still being friend with him?

2. Hefiel

I wouldn't say you're a hypocrite for being friend with someone who has a divergent opinion from you. I think you're making a big deal of something relatively minor.

3. LuckyScrubs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yeah I thought so, thanks for the confirmation. I guess I'm just afraid to be judged.