1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quotes for Assurance and Comfort...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, Apr 23, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Sorry if you don't appreciate that I am creating a whole thread just for famous quotes, but this is just to make you feel better if you are upset. I have heard all of these quotes and find them very assuring and comforting, and they simply make me feel much better whenever I am sad. Please enjoy and I hope these help x

"Today is a new day" - To me, this says that no matter how difficult any day has been for you, every day is a new day and a fresh start. And if you mess up, there's always tomorrow!

"It's your life, live it" - I'm not actually sure that this is an official quote, but I've definitely heard something like it. I think that this says that no matter what anyone else says, if they disagree with you or tell you not to do something, you should do it. It's your life, and only you know what is best for yourself, you don't know how long your life is going to be, so live it!

"You can't change the past, so don't dwell on it" - OK, so maybe this one isn't official either, but it sure is great. It says that we simply can't change the past, no matter how much me wish we could. We can wish to go back in time, and who knows, it might work one day. But for now we can't go to the past, so we should move on and not dwell on the bad decisions we have made, no matter how little it is.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" - My personal favourite. Most of the time, when something bad happens, such as a relationship, we are immediately upset and seemingly emotionless. But I think that we should all be grateful that it happened in the first place. Whether it is a life that has ended, or a friendship or anything, remember: Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. It really is quite inspirational.

Hope these quotes have helped you and will help you through life. You don't have to leave a comment, but if you want to, I thank you so much. Keep these quotes in mind and live your life to the full, don't let anyone change who you are and what you believe in.

x. (*hug*)(&&&):slight_smile:

2. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This could actually turn into something a bit more.
    I've been pretty fond of Robert Frost for many years, and one of my favorite quotes by him:

β€œIn three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”
    ― Robert Frost

3. Emberblaze

Sometimes everything you know in the world turns out to be a lie. But at the end of the day, the lie ins't what matters, it's what happens after. If you work hard enough, you can make it true (Final Fantasy 13)
    -I like this in particular because sometimes I feel like a lot of good stuff that I hear and learn about life don't turn out to be true... Put point blatantly, that just means I'm gonna MAKE it true, that is, if I work hard enough.

I don't have no pride, I don't have the money, but I've got these hands. (The World Ends With You)
    -Being a high school student, I see a lot of people. People with pride. People with money. People with esteem. People with popularity. People with power. And for someone like me, someone who doesn't even have a NAME, it can really make me feel useless. When my friends suffer... When my mom is short on money... When there are people in need... And I can't do anything to help because I don't have pride, money, power, nothing but these hands... Maybe that's all I need...

Keep your eyes on reality, and kid, don't you forget to enjoy it (The World Ends With You)
    -Life's hard as hell, that's a fact. Sometimes we tend to think that we can just ignore the hard stuff and coast on through life, but that ain't right... So basically what this means is, we gotta keep thinking realistically and know that everything's not going to turn out perfect, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy life.

If you have a dream, don't wait. Act. One of life's little rules. (Kingdom Hearts)

4. tryhtwfr

"Not all those who wander are lost"
    - J.R.R Tolkien

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you're going through hell, just keep going. - Winston Churchill