1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont think my mom completely accepted me.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayAndHappylol, Apr 24, 2013.

1. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    So remember guys what i said in an old post ''I told my mom i was gay and she accepted me''.Well today we were discussing about homosexual actors and i was like ''Oh that actor might be homosexual like me,he is really cute''.And she was like ''We dont know if youre homosexual''.Well that kinda made me mad because i already explained to her how i feel,and that it will never change because im completely good and happy with myself,and what she said,kinda shows that maybe she doesnt want to completely understand what is happening to me,or that she cant accept it..i really dont know how to make it clear to her,so she has no doubt..

2. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How long ago did you tell her? Has she had time to full digest the info and get used to it?

It takes some of us years to get used to the idea of being gay ourselves, parents need time as well.

Don't be so hard on her.

3. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Its been a month.Well im not harsh,its just that it really annoys me.Also the fact that she doesnt want to talk about it makes me feel bad.Like the first time she told me that whenever i want to tell her something about my life i should tell her without hesitation,but i already felt nervous when i told her that im gay,i cant just go to her and tell her ''Mom i like that guy from school'' because ill feel awkward again..

4. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  5. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
  6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It will be more real to her when you bring home a boyfriend...:slight_smile:

7. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Aww so true :slight_smile: Cant wait to find one haha :slight_smile: (*hug*)

8. evesgarden

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi :slight_smile: i didn't see your original posting but i think lull23 has a point. Parents can have varying degrees of difficulty acknowledging, let alone accepting that their child is not straight. i feel for you, my mom has known for almost a year, and she reacts the same way, telling me that i "don't know what i am", "it's a phase", and saying cruel things about gay people, particularly the girl i love. It's hard to maintain a relationship with your parent when you share something about yourself, telling them this news, you want them to be open, and just love you as their kid but they don't respond the way you'd hope. Hang in there :')

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Parents have a way of staying in denial until something kicks them out of it. She is still hoping it's "just a phase" (it pretty much never is.) But once you have a boyfriend, it will be hard for her to hold onto to the denial.

It doesn't sound like she's against it, more hoping it isn't true. Give her time :slight_smile:

10. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah,i will.Thank you :slight_smile: (*hug*)