1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I tried to resist...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by catatonie, Apr 24, 2013.

1. catatonie

But the urge was too great. I have to bitch about this somewhere.

I still say I'm recently separated, but it's been a few months out of a three year relationship, and I think "recently" is misleading. Despite the time that's gone by though, I feel like I do the day I moved out of our apartment when I think about him. Sometimes I get angry, but mostly I'm sad. We hang out occasionally and it usually leads to this really strong desire to get back together, at least on my part. Except on Saturday he told me some shit I don't know how to make heads or tails of.

In other aspects of my life, I'm at a crossroads. I'm not in school, I have no job, and I'm living with friends who I adore but there's no privacy. My current plan was to move back home to my parents, and when I expressed that to him he said I can't, that my parents live on the other side of the country. It's dumb to uproot everything and travel all that way when I've been getting by alright in Montreal. I told him I'm not really getting by because I can barely afford to feed myself, that I can't burden my friends with living on their couch much longer.

SO his suggestion was, I move back in with him.

In to our tiny apartment, that was lived in, as a couple, for over a year.

Now to me, being eternally pathetic, and still desperately missing him, this sounds a lot like "Let's get back together!" Except, I doubt that's what he meant. And I doubt that's what will happen. And if it did, I always read that once a relationship is broken it's never really fixed again.

It's dumb to even consider it.
    There's not really any advice I can get that I haven't considered.
    I'm just frustrated, stressed out like mad.
    I'll see what happens in the next week I guess.

2. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Awwww,you really like him,and what he said is such a tease.Its true that youre going through a difficult situation but if there was any way to be sure about what he meant with the ''moving together?''.Because to me it could mean that he really wants you back but he cant say it straight so he covers it with other words(If you know what i mean).And yeah it would be very difficult to move with your parents again because think,you will miss your friends,you will go back to the same things again,also you will lose HIM,him who is very important to you and as it seems he doesnt want to let you go.As you said youre in a crossroad and you have to figure out which way you will follow.Think mature,and investigate the things before you take any desicion,you can make things work out im sure :slight_smile:

3. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Be upfront with him, ask him exactly what he means when he says you should move back in. As in getting back together, or to stop you moving back home. That he even suggested it sounds to me as if he doesn't want to lose you completely out of his life.

Even if it is a roommate - if it's a 2 bed place - would it not be better than moving back home and throwing away the life you've built up in Montreal?

Move in, save money, get a job, move out vs moving back with your parents.

4. catatonie

I'm seeing him again this weekend, he wants me to go out with some friends. Which is what we did last weekend and ended up being alone.

Ugh I don't know how to ask him though. I feel like he's going to laugh at me or something irrational and unlikely like that.

But it's a one bed apartment I feel like it's pretty clear there's some intention behind that. I know I need to ask him to be sure but fuck. I don't want to go from one couch to the next.

This fucking guy.