1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have my child taken away?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NoMercyMercury, Apr 24, 2013.

1. We live in a very closed-minded county but we're not able to up and leave because we are taking care of ill family members. I am afraid that when I transition something will happen to have our child taken from us. Is this an actual possibility?

2. AKTodd

By no means an expert on this, but this sort of thing can vary from state to state. I would suggest contacting a lawyer. Even before doing that, possibly contact the Human Rights Campaign or any local LGBT and/or transgender organizations in PA to get advice/contact info for a lawyer who will be friendly to your situation and can advise you on this. The organizations themselves may be able to offer some advice/info, but for this sort of thing, it might be best to spring for the actual consultation with an attorney if possible and depending on what they tell you.

My 2c worth,

Todd