1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohhhh my.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by manoverboard09, Apr 24, 2013.

1. manoverboard09

Okay, so I guess it was a couple weeks ago that I confessed to this guy that I liked him and what not. He's a good friend of mine, and basically when I told him he didn't really say anything, so I was upset, got depressed.. all that junk.
    Well, I'm over the depression period, I got over him.. moved on.
    Tonight he told me he had a crush on me.

I don't know what to doooo.
    It's all very confusing to me. :confused:

2. idwtbf

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Are you sure you're completely over him?

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd be very careful if I were you. Perhaps, he was trying to sort out his feelings for you and now, he knows that he feels the same way--kinda. However, it is a bit confusing; if he "had" a crush on you, what was the purpose of him telling you this now. It seems like he's trying to get some sort of reaction out of you because he has realized that you have moved on.

4. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Or....

You telling him raised some questions in his own head - questions he'd never thought of asking before.

What you do with what he told you is your call. Is it worth following up with a "well.....I still like you, too" and seeing where it takes you, or keeping a good friend and let sleeping dogs lie.

5. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Maybe because he was in the closet himself. When you told him he thought great now i can tell you how i really feel about you. I think he really likes you.

6. FemCasanova

Yeah, I second the theory that he didn`t quite know how to respond at first, and needed some time to sort through his feelings. It`s very likely he had some feelings there that he hadn`t understood, and therefore pushed away. You telling him you liked him would have helped him muster up the courage to take a second look at those feelings.

You could simply tell him that you still like him, but if he is unsure about it you would rather have him as a friend than not in your life at all, as you care a lot for your friendship.

Then just see how it goes. Nothing is won without a little risk!

7. manoverboard09

He's not in the closet, he's out. I'm the one in the closet, unless someone asks.

I still really like him, I'm just over him in a sense that I'm not upset at the thought of not getting to be with him? If that makes sense.. like, if things don't work out in the future I'd be okay with it because he's still a great friend.

It's just kind of confusing. We're flirty but at the same time things are moving verrry slowly. And I know he's going through a lot in life right now, so I don't want to jump on anything.

I'm just like eeeeep, I'm not sure what to do right now.

8. HeyAshley

maybe you should have waited for a response before you got upset. although he shouldn't have left you hanging. if you're not currently pursuing someone, you might as well give it a shot. just keep your guard up until you know that it's serious. you miss 100% of the chances that you don't take, nothing to lose!

9. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

He might just be saying that to make you feel better. Or he may really like you. If you haven't completely got over him, and you still feel attracted to him, then you might want to go for it. Be extra careful though, because if he didn't respond the first time you told him you like him, it might mean something.

Maybe he's just realised that he likes you more than just a friend, or wants to give it a go too.

Whatever you decide to do, Good Luck!

10. Jubalinha

Jubalinha Guest

I think the best thing to do is asking him why he didnt say anything when you asked and why he said he likes you now. if you keep wordering this you might get to the wrong conclusion. ask him and see if his answer seems truthful.

11. manoverboard09

Thanks guys! I'm being very cautious about it.. I don't want to get my hopes up or anything. And as of right now, he's the only guy I'm into and actually feel something towards. So it's like.. I really want something to happen. But I'm not going to push it because whatevers going to happen will.

And that's a good idea Juliana.. I didn't really care to ask him why he left me hanging. I probably should. But at the same time I don't wanna bring it up (although he jokes about it).