1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell if someone's interested

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tsskfjdfgh3432, Apr 25, 2013.

1. tsskfjdfgh3432

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I consider myself bisexual although its been awhile since I've been in a relationship. I'm a 22 year old male and I've been going to a restaurant(subway) just about everyday on my lunch breaks from work recently and there's this guy that I'm interested in but I'm having a hard time figuring out if he's interested in me as he's one of those happy go lucky kind of guys and not flamboyant at all.

I can't really tell if he's being flirtatious with me or if he's just being his normal happy go lucky self but a couple things I noticed that put up red flags is that about a month ago I paid for my food and after he handed me the receipt he mentioned a promotion they were having with the cookies and said "I don't know if you workout or anything". Also a few weeks ago I was in line while he was helping other customers and another guy came in with tattoos so he asked the guy about his tattoos(The guy I'm interested in also mentioned he draws tattoos as well) and he was really into the convo he was having with the tattooed guy. The next day when I was there I asked him what style of tattoos he draws in hopes that I can ask him if he has a or a facebook with some of his drawings and he pretty much just gave me a one or two word answer and left it at that which was the complete opposite of the convo he had with the tattooed guy and it was a little awkward too. Just the other day he mentioned to me that he got another job and just put his two weeks notice in and said "just thought I'd let you know since your one of the few customers I care about". He said it really casually and the other guy that was working there that night was making comments about how weird that sounded(in a good natured way). I also always get the same thing everytime I go there and he always recites my order and how much its going to cost lol.

I'm almost positive he is interested in me as well but I'm still not 100% sure. Since he put in his two weeks notice I'm scrambling for a way to add him on Facebook or stay in touch with him somehow. Anyone have ideas as to how I can do this? How can I show him that I'm interested as well?

2. HeyAshley

since he put in his 2-week notice and you'll (probably) never see him again you might as well just take a chance. just work up the courage & ask for his number. if he says no, you'll probably never see him again so what do you have to lose?

if that's too forward for your personality, tip him a few bucks and write your # on a piece of paper. when you hand it to him, just be like "there's a little note there for you." that way he doesn't think it's trash. and if he texts/calls you then he's probably interested. if not - you won't have to awkwardly see him everyday at subway.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you don't feel comfortable asking for his number, maybe you could try another angle. "Are you going to be working at another restaurant? Because maybe I'll start going there for lunch instead."

Lex

4. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I am going to return to the direct question. The person will try to come across you more often, and if he/she is nervous, embarrassed or shy etc., they might walk away from you or walk a distance from you, but that doesn't lower any chances. He/she might make brief glances, but not prolonged and obvious staring. He/she may try to impress you in subtle ways, I mean by talking to his/her friends louder than usual. Also, he/she might try to smile while walking past you, they might even smile when they are not looking at you.

It's quite difficult to tell really, but you could just ask for his/her number etc..

5. tsskfjdfgh3432

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well he wanted to apply at my work so I told him he can use me as a reference and gave him my name and phone number and subtly told him that it was ok for him to text or call me anytime but he hasn't yet and it's been a good 3 or 4 days now.. not sure what to think of that. Maybe he's not out yet and is worried about what I would think or say or maybe he's not sure if I'm interested in him as well because I'm not flamboyant at all and have a hard time with flirting.

When he told me about his two weeks notice, the way he worded it and the whole vibe that I got was kind of like he was giving a warning that if one of us didn't get enough courage to make a move then we wouldn't see each other ever again most likely and all that could be wouldn't(at least that's how I kind of took it). I feel really connected to him pretty much like when you meet someone and you both click with each other because you both think on the same level or something.

6. Viridian

Viridian Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Then go for it!:thumbsup:

You might never get another chance. The worst thing that could happen is that you get rejected. The best thing that could happen is you get someone special:eusa_danc

7. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao:
    Best pick-up line ever!