Boy at my school

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BiTeenBoy, Apr 25, 2013.

1. BiTeenBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I went to a new school and at the second day I saw a boy that is visibly gay. I think I've stared him for too long and he perceived it. I'm interested on him but I'm scared because I think he thinks that I'm gay/bi and I'm closeted. I get nervous when he's around, thinking he knows I'm not straight, and sometimes looks like he perceived I am nervous when I pass by him, and started to avoid me a bit, maybe being him nervous too. What I can do to break the nervousism between us? Sometimes looks like he is interested too. Should I make more eye contact, letting he knows? Or should I talk to him?

2. followtherabbit

BiTeenBoy, you sweet pea, this is too cute.
    ANYWAY

First. Do not assume someone is gay unless they are out. You can wonder, but assuming is unfair. I know lots of stright dudes who are just fabulous. But they're straight.

Second. How do you feel about coming out?

Third. Is he out?

Fourth. Get closer to him if you want it to happen. But if you are scared because you are closeted so you're concerned of people knowing, then it might not work until you can be more open about it. You won't be able to openly flirt if you are concerned about your image.

Fifth. Maybe do something insane like write him a note. Anonymous maybe. You want him go get him.

Sixth. tell me more

Rabbit<3

3. BiTeenBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks! Is good to have someone to help.

He was acting somewhat effeminate in this second day of school. Later, seeing his Facebook and hearing what people in his class said about him, I found that he identifies himself as bi, though everybody thinks he's gay by the way he acts. He's out to his family, to the school... so, everybody knows.

I've thought recently about coming out, maybe to a close friend, or family member. It's getting difficult to be closeted. But I don't think in coming out to everybody now.

I will try getting closer to him and seeing how he reacts. I think there were a few times that he tried to do eye contact with me to see if I was interested in him. If he looks to me I will look back.

I've already sent him a few questions anonymously on his Ask.fm. He was curious to know who sent that questions. Maybe he thinks that I sent it.

So, I should take attitude, follow my instinct, talk to him and see what happens.

4. followtherabbit

Going out on a limb is difficult but often you can learn something even if the result isn't what you want.
    Coming out can also be difficult and maybe this boy is someone you can start with.
    If he is out, maybe he could talk to you about his story and you'll have someone to help make sense of it all.
    It can sometimes be hard to pursue someone or be with someone if one or both of you in not out.
    Let me know how it goes!!

PS: sorry i took so long to reply again!