1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Absurd Homophobe Statement.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JustARaconteur, Apr 25, 2013.

1. JustARaconteur

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I teach English and Literature classes at a local college for a living and love it. Tonight after lecturing for a bit in one of my classes, I moved the discussion to the story I assigned earlier in the week. It's a piece about the author, a woman, growing up in the 1960s south and experiencing all the racism (particularly her white minister father taking the family to a black church on the night of MLK's assassination) and later dealing with accepting herself as a lesbian.

During the discussion it became clear the girls in the glass were fine with LGBT people and some of the guys were not. One of my students actually said, and I quote, "Look, straight guys and gay guys can't be friends. If they hang out, in no more than two days the gay dude is gonna try and get with the straight guy."

Before I could even say anything one of my favorite students jumped in and took the guy on. She mentioned a good friend of hers who is gay and called the guy an idiot. I'm not out to any of my students, but this was certainly an interesting experience.

2. UndercoverGypsy

Haha, what a retard. I remember hearing something similar from my (ex)step-dad: "A man and a woman can't be true friends. The sexual tension is too much". Insanity.

I've nearly exclusively been friends with guys all my life, and there are countless ones that I wouldn't go out with if they asked me to. Liking someone as a friend and liking someone romantically are very different things - some idiots just seem to forget that.

3. HeyAshley

sounds like a typical frat boy statement. somehow i'm not surprised lol.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's what happens when they think of gay guys only as "gay" instead of "guys". They forget to remember that they are still people, and have preferences, standards, etc. Just because the dude who said it would bang anything that moves doesn't mean we all would.

5. The Dude

Wait, I realize I just came out over the past three weeks, but I've had male friends for years without wanting to get with them...

Am I doing this whole gay thing wrong?

6. UndercoverGypsy

If only there was a like button on vBulletin.

7. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Closed minded idiots

8. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

You should expell him, if I'm honest he deserves it! I hate homophobes!