1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend is trying to pull me out of the closet?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheRomanticOne, Apr 27, 2013.

1. TheRomanticOne

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay. I came out to my friend about a week ago and she was a bit quiet for about a day and then she seemed like she was ok with it. And two days ago, I came out to one of my other friends. I dont know what she thought about it. Anyway, after that happened, my first friend is putting pressure on me to make me come out to my mum. My mum would have been fine with it, but she is the chatterbox of the family so in one day, all my family and her friends would have known. But the thing is, I do not know why she is doing this to me. She says she has 1 gay friend and 1 lesbian friend so she knows what it is like. Should I avoid her or never speak to her again?:confused:

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

She's trying to help but make it clear- you'll come out on your own terms, not hers, and when you'll come out is when you're ready to do it.

3. MatthewJS

this is your business. not hers. tell her that. I know how you feel because my sister wanted to out me to the rest of my family.
    just tell her that YOU want to come out at YOUR time

4. TheRomanticOne

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the posts its been supportive and helpful!