1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mother

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by cita, Apr 27, 2013.

1. cita

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alright, so I went to Buffalo recently to meet up with someone I met on the internet. We're in a strange place that's a bit closer than friends but not as intense as a couple.

I talk to my mom often. We get along, and I took her suggestion as to the method of travelling to GET to Buffalo in the first place. She knows that this guy and I are friends and that I've known him on the internet only for years. I haven't come out to her yet. While I'm pretty open about which way I swing, everyone assumes I'm straight just because of the way I am. I have anxiety issues though and would not want to actively come out to someone close to me. Not that my mom wouldn't be accepting, I'm pretty sure she would (atheist, independent, supports all the gay stuff). She comments often about how this or that girl thinks I'm cute and stuff (you know, like a mom would)

I mentioned to my mom that I wanted to come up to see her with this friend during the summer a while ago. I don't live with her right now, I live with my dad. I've been trying to move out for a while.

Today when we were talking on the phone, she asked me where I wanted to live and stuff, and asked me if I wanted to live in Buffalo or Burlington more. After a moment, she retracted about Buffalo by saying "oh, ____ is probably not going to be living there for much longer now, though, right?"

Alrighty people, place your bets. What are the chances that she knows already? If you don't think she does, do you think it's safe to come out to her? She has a pretty conservative boyfriend who was in honest disbelief to hear NPH is gay.

I just want to be treated the same as always, or at least people understand where I'm coming from a little better. Instead of... assuming that because I'm gay I drink freaking mocha lattes, enjoy every Sandra Bullock movie and wanna go ~~~shopping~~~ all the time

2. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    A mom's heart always knows everything about her child,she just waits for you to tell her.When i told my mom i was gay she said she knew it and she wasnt surprised at all,even though i dont completely act like a gay guy.To me you should tell her to get over with it.Also if she knows about it she can give you advices to help you.