1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend is ignoring me :(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SuperStar, Apr 27, 2013.

1. SuperStar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello there,

I've been close friends with this guy for almost 2 years. I've had a crush on him for the entire two years, but I never told him about it because he was in the closet.

We've been getting closer (more than friends), and about a month ago, he came out to me. He denies soooo much that he's gay around other people, so much that you'd actually think he wasn't, but he trusted me enough to come out to me. I was really honored!

Here's the bad part.... Last week was my birthday. I told him my birthday was coming up and he asked to take me out for it. Then my birthday comes, he forgot about it, and had to cancel. I was so upset :frowning2: ..... he rescheduled to the day after my birthday to make it up to me. He cancelled again... he said he was tired and had to study... he apologized about it. I asked him if we could hang out next weekend, and he said "we'll see".

I haven't heard from him since. He won't text me back or answer my calls. What do you think happened? How do I handle this situation? I want him to talk to me! Even if we can't be together, I'd at least like to still be his friend.

2. worriedWardrobe

I think that he may be worried that someone will find out, or maybe the thought of getting too close to a guy at this point in his life frightens him. My advice would to approach him at school or something, and just be friendly. Try to convey the message that everything's okay; without putting any pressure on him.

Just let him warm up to the idea

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like he's having buyer's remorse. About all you can do is give him the space he needs. Send him a message "Lemme know when you want to hang out again", then move on with your own life.

Lex

4. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sure he feels horrible.Just give him some time(no pressure).Maybe invite him over to yoyr house or something not so public.

5. SuperStar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for the replies :slight_smile: