1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roommate: Tell or Not?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LailaForbidden, Apr 27, 2013.

1. LailaForbidden

So, yeah, I've met this really cool girl and we've decided we are going to be roommates next year at college. I'm wondering if I should tell her. I mean, I don't want to freak her out. Part of me says that it would be unfair to her If I didn't tell her because I'm withholding information. Part of me is terrified that she'll have a negative reaction. So what do you suggest?

Oh, if you were wondering, I am intending to be fully out at university. If I don't chicken out, that is...

2. LD579

Tip-toe around the subject, see her response, formulate a way to tell her based on that. You pretty much must tell her, if you're going to live with her, and are going to be out at university. It only makes sense, you know?

It's much better to find out now if she's a bigoted person than it would be to find out halfway through the school year.

3. manoverboard09

I don't think it matters if you tell her or not. I don't think it will change the fact that you're gonna be rommates. If she ever asks, tell her.. otherwise.. who cares :slight_smile:

But I mean, if you truly want to be totally out, and that would make you happier, than tell her. But I think it would be kind of awkward to just straight up tell her randomly.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe bring it up in a discussion of your house rules? "If you bring a guy home or I bring a guy or a girl home...", something like that.