1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I confessed my feelings for my gay friend. he and my other friend arent friends now

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MatthewJS, Apr 27, 2013.

1. MatthewJS

Backstory: some of you guys know my gay friend, N, who is barely out. In one of my threads/posts, I said I had feelings for him. He found out I was gay in Feburary. He came out to me later that day. I knew I wouldn't have feelings for him because I had a crush on a boy. That all change few weeks ago...

Now: Yesterday, or this morning before I went to bed, I just let all my feelings towards him come out. I lied to him all the time for the past few weeks. I just couldn't hold them in so I told him and I said, in these words,

"i'm going to go after I tell you this: the more I know about you, the more I like you. the more I like you the more I feel caring!! ok bye."

that didn't end there. we kept talking. I ended up putting all the things why I cant be with him:
    1. he has no feelings for me
    2. he likes someone else
    3. he doesn't believe anything I say

he then told me he likes me, he tried to like someone else, maybe to get over me, and he does believe the things I say. I really do care for him after the feelings start to develop. I told him I cant be with him because I think and talk about myself, no one else. and I always play games. I don't know what to do... :help: :help: :help: :help:

NOW... N and my (girl) friend, L, aren't friends anymore because L told me that N said enough things that pissed her off. N told me that L thinks she knows everything and THAT pissed HIM off. I don't want this to happen because this happen to me to someone else I knew. Please help me!!

P.S.:I put these two into one thread because I don't want to create two threads in like ten minutes.

---------- Post added 27th Apr 2013 at 10:28 PM ----------

Also, me and N haven't talked in almost a WHOLE day

2. MatthewJS

Re: I confessed my feelings for my gay friend. he and my other friend arent friends n

please help

I don't know what to do about N !! what do I do?

how can I fix L and N friendship? they are one of my only best friends and they hate each other right now.

3. LuckyScrubs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: I confessed my feelings for my gay friend. he and my other friend arent friends n

I'm confused here, you said that you care for him which I assumed you want to be with him, but at the same time you told him that you can't be with him? I'm fairly new here, so I might be wrong, but here's what I think:

There are 3 ways I see your problem, but before moving on, I have to ask, are you hoping to be in a relationship with N or just friends or see how it goes?

1. From the word "can't" there, I assumed that by always playing game, you meant sports games or any other competitive event that requires you to constantly train, so you don't have time to be with him. Now, if this is the case, then you just simply have to arrange with N of times that both of you could compromise to be together.

2. You mentioned that you think and talk about yourself. Is it all the time? I'm really not sure why you told him that, but at the same time you want to care for him. Perhaps what you're trying to say is, "I think and talk about myself most of the time, but I am willing to change?"

3. You told him how you play (video?) games alot and only talk about yourself, yet you want to care for him. This leads me to assuming that deep down, you prefer to be alone with your game than with him?

I'm sorry, but this is confusing to me as I can't put my thoughts into words, I mean not be harsh, but why would you tell him these things if you know that you might not be able to care for him if you are this person. To be in relationship, both sides have to find balance in times for each other and oneself. One can't expect to care all about himself and expect the other to care about him as well.

Or maybe, deep down, you are afraid that things will not go smoothly, so you purposedly told him those traits, so that he would not want to be with you. (defense mechanism?)

All in all, you are still very young and the way you present yourself shows alot of rooms for self development (becoming more mature) which is great. Until then, i need you to reply with better details on your feelings and here's me hoping the senior members would be able to give better advices.

About the conflict between N and L, I had similar case, but this is me, don't do this until other approve!. What I did, I secretly arrange meetings with both of them pretending 1-on-1 meetup. So the three of us (me and my 2 friends hating each other) are in one room. I insisted them to put down their hatred towards each other first and be civilized. Then I told them one at a time to confess the reason (once again) why they hate each other followed by what are the good things that each has done to the other. Then I asked them if they are willing to apologize to each other and make changes in attitude for the sake of our friendship as what we had were precious and it hurts to lose it. I was hoping they would make peace, but alas, even though they apologized, they can't be friends and they agreed to put down their difference when I need both of them at the same time (such as on my birthday).

Again the society around you are still very young, so these conflicts are pretty common. It is worse, if your friends asked you to choose sides.

#3 LuckyScrubs, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  4. MatthewJS

sorry I made it confusing. I couldn't be with him because he likes someone else.
    he said he moved on which means that he doesn't like me anymore.
    I still do care for him though. and I still kinda like him.

AND thank you for your reply in N and L. I might do that. L is the only friend I have
    that knows N is gay.