1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent Changes...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, Apr 28, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

This might mean nothing but...

Over the past few days my crush has been acting slightly differently around me. He has been looking at me more often, and doesn't seem to be looking away (I always look away first lol), I have asked a couple of my friends if they think he looks at me often,an they all said that he is always looking at me.

Secondly, he used to walk away slightly when I walk past him, but now he doesn't, and he even tries to get closer to me.

And he smiles at me slightly when we pass.

I know that they might mean nothing, but I have a feeling that they are subtle hints to represent his interest in me. I'm definitely not sure though, what do you think?

Thanks in Advance!

2. manoverboard09

Well, it kind of seems like he has something for you. If he's wanting to be closer to you, it only makes sense. Do you ever talk to him? Or is he just a guy you see while at school or something?

3. BudderMC

Is he into guys?

4. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

We don't really talk, but he has been giving other subtle hints. And I am strongly suspicious that he is into guys.

5. BudderMC

Are you out to him?

6. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

No... But I think he knows, and I think he knows I like him. So he might just be acting different to make me feel better. Or he knows I'm gay and likes me so is trying to show that to me.

7. BudderMC

Well, you're stuck in this awkward limbo of "I think he thinks I'm gay and I think he thinks I like him, and I think he's gay and I think he likes me too". Don't know about you, but I personally can't stand uncertainties, and that situation is a whole load of "I think"'s.

If you're comfortable with him thinking you're gay, why don't you come out to him? By doing so, you let him know that you're both available for dating (if he's gay/likes you) and that you're a trustworthy friend (if he's gay and feels comfortable coming out to you).

8. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I can't come out to him because I hardly know him, and he might be a bit freaked out, and that would ruin everything. I'm completely unsure what to do???

9. BudderMC

If he's gay, why would he be freaked out? You don't have to be formal about it, you can always just slip it into conversation.

If you think that he might be scared off because it seems rather "random" to tell him, why don't you work on becoming his friend? Friendships often grow into the best relationships anyways.

10. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Because I am two years above him and almost literally don't know each other. I mean in school, you don't just go up to a year 7 when you are in year 9 and start talking to them. It's so confusing, I wish that he would just like me back.

---------- Post added 28th Apr 2013 at 09:00 PM ----------

Also, he might be freaked out because he might not be gay

11. BudderMC

Well, let me spitball for a second here: even if you were sure he liked you back, what were you planning on doing if you weren't going to talk to him?

12. stumble along

Ugh, for the love of god just talk to him already, seriously. If he's at least being friendlier to you now then at least return the kindness by smiling back, nodding, something.

You guys are neighbors too can't you talk to him on the way home or is he still taking the weird way around.

Literally you have made so many threads with the same stuff that I know way too much into this situation, but seriously just talk, say words. I'm friends with people who are sophmores in highschool and people who are in their mid to late twenties, its not weird. Granted it might be alittle bit oddish since you're in your awkward middle schooly phase and you guys give 9000+ fucks over the opinions of others but you learn to drop it, and if you want any chance with this guy then drop its hot and just talk to him

Invade you didn't understand the main idea of what im saying:

TALK.TO.HIM.

13. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

You're right!

14. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You could comment on the weather. It doesn´t have to be personal. But make a start aleady. This has been going on for months...

15. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I know, I'm just nervous, very very nervous. I'll try though,... Eventually.........

16. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why being nervous? He is not a wild animal. He is a schoolboy. Even if he says something in the line of "leave me alone" , at least you tried and find more peace.

But he might be just as nervous about taking a first step and be relieved that you do (and expecting that too, since you are the senior).

You could also be completely honest and say: " I'd like to get to know you but I'm so bloody nervous about talking to you, it's insane." That would break the ice... and I can't see how someone would freak out over that or get angry or whatever.

Or:"On a certain forum they say I should talk to you, so this is my first try" and laugh. If it sounds like someone sent you, you are only like half responsible and that might ease the nerves a bit.
    And it's a good subject too, beacuse he is bound to ask what forum and you can ask if he is familiar with it or has something against gays.... Giving him the oportunity to let you know if he does, or is gay himself....

17. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I'm nervous because I really like him, and if I talk to him and I get a negative response, that would ruin it, do you know what I mean? And I can't just go up to someone I have never met that is 2 years younger than me and start a conversation, do you know what I mean here as well?

18. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Listen, you CAN!
    People have conversations with perfect strangers of all ages all the time and nothing scary happens. Besides, he is not a perfect stranger, but a neighbour and at you school!!!! It is totally normal to say something to him. He might even be expecting you to.

You don't need to fear a negative respons. It doesn't ruin anything it might only give you a more realistic view on him. But it doesn't really stop you from daydreaming, does it?

If he doesn't want you, he doesn't want you, but talking or not doesn't change that.

If you what you write about his behavior is true, he likes you and won't be shocked or nasty towards you.

Another thing you could do is bring him a cookie or something.
    I've done that for a complete schoolyear. I would buy my crush a snickers and the next day he bought me one and this went on. We never said much, sometimes just something about the weather. But I enjoyed his company in the breaks and obviously he enjoyed mine.
    That could be something you could do too, if the talking really scares you.

19. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

OK, I'll consider it, it actually sounds like quite a good idea! I know that I need to start doing something soon. I have plenty opportunities to talk or interact with him by smiling etc, but I'm always so nervous and back out of it. But I'll definitely consider buying him sweets or chocolate or something like that. Thanks again!