1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my friend gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KillTheLights, Apr 28, 2013.

1. KillTheLights

Okay, so some of this stuff is going to sound quite childish and to a certain extent, stupid.

A few months ago, I met this boy. I noticed that he was checking me out, but he was acting really shy and he was with his mother so couldn't really do anything.

A few nights later I found him on twitter and followed him. We began to talk quite a lot
    and built up a kind of friendship. I kept dropping hints to him about whether or not he was gay, but got no further ahead. I decided to come out to him, expecting him to do the same, but he didn't.

He told me about how he doesn't mind that I'm gay and that he accepts people for who they are and not 'how they are'.

After following him on instagram, I noticed he tagged his pictures with 'instagay' and tagged photos of male celebrities with 'boys' and 'boystho'.

Tonight I was talking to him on snapchat and he told me about how he was broadcasting his 'nudes' to everybody, but didn't now whether or not I'd find it weird if he did it to me.

He didn't end up doing it, but I decided to send a few pictures that weren't actual nudes, but not far from them.

He asked when they were taken and I said a while ago, he said that he was disappointed about that.

Afterwards I told him he should send me his as 'a laugh' and he said 'maybe later'.

I know it seems really stupid that I can't read him, but he seems to support gay rights and equality so I just don't know why he'd stay closeted if he feels as strongly as he says about gays.

What do you think?

2. robclem21

I got nothing... not enough information. Seems straight to me... maybe an off chance he might be curious but just a lot of half flirting going on and not much indication hed actually be interested. In my opinion...

Wouldn't get your hopes up. Always a chance but these situations rarely work out.

3. All Star

All Star Guest

Could be bicurious, or he could be gay and he knows it, but just isn't ready to come out yet. I don't think he's one hundred percent straight, but I think he's nervous about coming out. Give it time, don't rush things.

:slight_smile:

4. asmith6543

why the heck would someone freely send out nudes of themself willy nilly and offer it to "friends".

5. KillTheLights

Exactly, which means he wanted me to see them. Right?

6. BudderMC

No, it means he's an idiot.

What does it matter if he wanted you to see them or not?

7. Joey4

I don't see totally straight people having much interest in gay anything. What this guy has shown interest in would lead me to believe that he's gay. I think your thinking is logical.

8. KillTheLights

Thank you.
    I don't understand most of the replies.

9. agonizingnose

I can't agree more.