1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

really really confusing situation please help!!!:(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by michelletagen, Apr 28, 2013.

1. michelletagen

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    okay this is a long story but here it goes...

I am starting to realize i have feelings for my best friend for five years, the only problem is that he's questioning his sexuality and I am pretty sure he's a compulsive liar. (He has gotten away with very crazy lies. He lied to me about where he lived for over three years). He's been telling me he's been hooking up with older guys and going out with this girl. Sometimes he says he's using her as coverup, and sometimes he says he's confused if he has genuine feelings for her...but we're seventeen I don't really understand why he would need a cover up...He also constantly tells me he is going to get back together with his ex (a guy), and then he tells me he is mad when I let him get back together with him. Their relationship was crazy and terrible.
    And the problem is our relationship is changing. We were at this movie and idk how this happened but we started holding hands and then he was touching me all over the place and i know friends sometimes hold hands and etc...but trust me this was not a friendly touch lol. And I've always felt like he secretly has feelings for me, but I always just kind of let him know I wasn't really interested. Now the problem is..I realize I actually am interested.
    The thing is whenever I bring that up or something up that's between us he'll be like "you're weird", "i'm gay", or "i'm just a closed person". Despite being my best friend, he still is super uncomfortable telling me things about anyone he likes.
    I know you might wonder why or how I could possibly like someone who lies to me so much, but the thing is despite all of this..I love him so much. He's my best friend. No one listens to me or understands me the way he does, and all I want for him is to have peace of mind. Some days I want to be with him, some days I think I'm crazy for thinking that but most of all...I just want him to happy.
    Lastly, I just don't know if all of these problems are stemming from the fact that he has had a very traumatic childhood and this comes from other mental issues that he has...or this is all a part of someone just having a very tough time coming out and that i should just forget about any romantic feelings i have for him.

sorry this is so long. :frowning2:
    it's just that none of my friends really understand because he puts on such a jockey dbag act on all the time and i am desperate for help and input from someone who is actually wise

2. Cougar

Cougar Guest

There are two problems!

Love is about trust. No trust, no love!

You call a compulsive liar your best friend?? Time to raise your standards. Love experiments with best friends are very risky, don't you know that? A love experiment with a so-called best friend who is a compulsive liar with unclear sexual preferences, does that really appeal to you? The warning bells should be ringing in your head!

Love is blind. But you and your friends know that he is not lover material. You should be more choosy and spare neither trouble nor expense to find better lovers and friends. :icon_wink