1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On and Off Friendship...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, Apr 29, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

This has nothing to do with love...

Me and my best friend never spend any time apart, our friendship is like no other, and we are always laughing together. I don't fancy him or anything, and he doesn't fancy med. It's just that we fall out frequently. Sometimes it's over the littlest of things, but it really hurts me. I have not other friends like him, and no other friends that are similar to him. I don't want to end the friendship for good because I know that neither of us want that, but I just don't know if we should be friends. It's not a friendship that you can just end, I am in nearly all of his lessons, and sit next to him in most of them, and we have a lot to do with each other even if we were not friends. Today we fell out because he kept on annoying me, do it told him to stop it, and he didn't talk to me since. By tomorrow we will probably make up, but it's just so confusing with such an on and off friendship.

What should I do!??????? Ahhhhhrrrrrrggghhhhh!!:tears::bang::help::tears::tears::tears:

2. kraftykrow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I think of a 'fall out' with good friends, I think of it being months on end. I get really close to some people then we get busy and don't talk for long periods of time. When I think about it, it hurts, cause usually I'm the one who tries hard at first to keep contact but get little effort in return on their part. :/

Since you guys see each other all the time, I think you're in a much better position to keep close. That is if I understand right. We all argue over little crap, but it's just important to not let it come between you guys for any long period of time. I let that happen once and regret it. Taking a day or two to cool down doesn't mean you won't be laughing together again next week though. :slight_smile: You might talk to him about how you feel too. Tell him how important he is to you, if he doesn't already know it, and that it bothers you when you guys don't talk when something small happens.

Hope I'm making sense. lol I'm so tired...

3. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Thank you! I would just die if I couldn't talk to him for months! But yeah, I suppose it is only a little fall out, we have them all the time. And you are right that it is good that we see each other all the time also. He seems to have other friends than me though, whereas I do still have friends, but not like him. I'll try talking to him tomorrow, I can't see us breaking up forever. Thanks again!

4. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From what I've seen, that kind of friendship is pretty typical at your age.