1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mom...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by brittstevenson, Apr 29, 2013.

1. brittstevenson

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom "said" she was supportive...but when I try to talk to her about the possibility of me dating and things...she just ignores me and makes me feel small...i tried to talk to her about it and she said "i think its ok for two guys to be together...but not two girls...so im having a really hard time with this britt." i was overwhelmed...im confused and kinda hurt...not sure how to handle this situation....i did read a book that i think might help her and i gave it to her to read...its called, "Straight Parents, Gay Children"...im out of the loop on this..not sure what to do now...things are really strained...dont want to lose my mom...HELP:confused::bang::bang::bang:

2. Emberblaze

it seemsto me like she's at least TRYING to make this work, ya know. Uuuuh, what she says about it being fine for 2 guys but not 2 girls is very bizarre... never heard that before... Is she reading the book? I think that was a good way to go to help ease her into this. I watched a gay romance with my mom when we were in a similar strained situation. She told me she supported but said she wasn't ready to see me with a guy

TIme might be your friend in this case, but I DON'T think you'll lose your mom. Like I said, she seems to be TRYING at least ya know?