1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

party

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by nyc, Apr 30, 2013.

1. nyc

nyc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so im out to my friends and my parents, but i havnt told my whole family like i dont know if my mum has either. and on sunday im having a party for my 18th birthday and there will be a few girls there that i could end up kissing. and all of my family are going to be there?
    i will be drunk as well, so im nervous about just been like "over gay" in front of my family?
    but i dont want to be thinking about everything im doing or saying when its my 18th birthday and i should be having a laugh

im just looking for your guys advice and thoughts on the situation really (!)(!)

2. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think a birthday party with all the family around you is the right place to kiss anyone in an affectionate way, even if you were straight, unless you can find a safe place to do so, and it that case no-one will notice anyway.
    Unless ofcourse everybody else is also openly kissing and such. In which case they are probably to accept you kissing girls as well.

But in general, they turn their heads if they see something they don't want to see. People tend to ignore "loving" behavior as long it's not in their face and they have to hear the sounds and such, if you know what I mean.

I don't think it is particulary worse because you are gay or bi and not out to all.

Just enjoy your birtday, be yourself.
    Happy 18th!

#2 Boyfriend, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013