1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need some serious advice on how to handle my gfs anger

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by laurensgrl1825, Apr 30, 2013.

1. laurensgrl1825

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, my name is Terra and I am new here! I was hoping to get some advice...see...My gf gets irritated, angry, and offended very easily. Most of the time our fights start because I yelled at her for getting mad at me for something that most people wouldn't get mad about. I get soooo annoyed with it. I just wish she could relax and stay off my back and let me make mistakes and fix them without her getting upset. I feel like I can't take one step without her getting mad sometimes. If I want to clean my car out before dark ..then I should be able to do that. She wants me to be where she wants me to be at all times and that is by her side. She's not possessive...she just wants to hold me since I work and don't see her during the day, but I would like to do what I want to do at times too. She gets mad at me when I jump on the computer and play a game. She will huff and puff then give me silent treatment, give me dirty looks, and not allow me to hug and kiss her. To me, its childish and I have moments where I just want to leave her for a few days and hang out with people who are more relaxed...less uptight and just fun to be around. If she knew I was complaining about her right now, she would get mad and say, why can't you tell me this? Ill say, because you'll get too upset and we will have a fight about it and to be quite honest, I don't wanna have another fight with you! I love her, I just want her to be more relaxed and get less angry of small things. Sometimes she will mock me and play insult me when she is mad at me too. It makes me mad because I know she is doing it because she's upset at me or someTHING. She's 19 amd I'm 26. So...it could be because of the age difference, but I'm at loss for how to handle this...I get too upset when she gets mad at me for the little things. I don't know what to say or do to help her and our relationship. She says I don't help her emotionally....I thought I did, but she says I don't. She makes me feel like a bad gf and I know Im not =(. Anyone have any mature advice for me??

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard to say why your gf's experiencing the anger she's experiencing, or whether it's a result of some other stress she's dealing with or just a way she's learned to behave. But one thing is certain - from the sound of your post, you're not happy with it, and it's not good for you. Every couple gets in fights, but if you're being yelled at for things you don't think are problems and you don't feel like you can talk to your gf about these feelings, then it's not ok, and something needs to be done.

Do you think you would be able to talk to her when she's calm? If so, would you feel comfortable doing that? If not, could you talk to someone else about this? And have you talked to anyone about it other than on here, yet?

3. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Make her drink cold water and suggest exercise getting all the steam out

4. lightningpawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    my sister is really similar to this. the way that i handle it is that i try hard to recognize when she's being irrational/getting angry at me for no reason and try to control my response. i find that the angrier i get at her, the more of an excuse she has to be angry at me, and that just ends up with both of us screaming at each other.

that being said, i do feel like since she's your gf and all, you really should have a talk with her about this. i totally understand that she probably won't want to hear it, but a relationship kind of depends on honesty and comfortableness. this is something you need to work out, because from what you've written it really sounds like you don't enjoy spending time with her, which i'm guessing is not actually the case.

maybe write it to her in a note, and tell her to come talk to you about it when she's ready? that way she'd hear you out and possibly have time to cool off before discussing it with you. idk. possibly you just need a break from her/vacation alone by yourself?

5. June Cleaver

She has serious space issues. I would say you need a couple counselor to work her past the clingy nature she has. She is suffocating you it sounds to me. It is her inexperence with relationships causing this or I'll bet or she has been hurt and feels if she clings you will stay close when in fact she is pushing you away. The anger part is a way of manipulating you to do what she wants. That is bad I would say. It sounds like a unhealthy relationship to me and will end in desaster without professional help. I learned as I went how to treat men gaining knoledge with age. She is only 19 and everything is new to her. June

6. Mysz

One of my friends went through this with her boyfriend. The problem is, she realized it herself after their breakup and her initial depressed stage. I would agree with June that she's still inexperienced, and Lightning's advice is pretty good. Notes are nonconfrontational. Leave a sweet, polite note explaining how you feel somewhere you know she will see it, and be out of the house for a bit.
    Sign a heart next to your name :slight_smile: Make her feel secure and still understand.