1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed because of my crush! Help!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by badwolf4, May 1, 2013.

1. badwolf4

Hey all. So basically I met this guy back in September as we had one class together and we'd talk to each other on our way back to our dorm. We hung out once together because we had a mutual friend that lived on his floor (below my floor) and almost a second time but I declined because at that time I was into someone else and did not want to have feelings for this guy. I came out to him about a month after but did not tell him I had a crush on him. I did drops hints though so he may have known. I finally decided to tell him when the last week of classes came. I told him I liked him and asked if he was straight. "Don't ever ask me again was his response". He stopped talking to me for a few days but then started saying hi to me whenever we'd cross paths.

This past weekend I was coming out of a building when he happened to pass by and I wanted to speak to him but he kept walking with the two friends (girls) from his floor so I ended up following him to another dorm building trying to talk to him. I could tell he was drunk, as he turned around and told me "... Leave me the fuck alone" and one of his friends turned too and told me "(my name) he's straight" and they went off. I ended up crying that night a few minutes after that experience and my friends tried to comfort me. I don't know why I cried. Part of me knew he most likely was straight but I couldn't help it. I didn't even get this upset when my first crush and I distanced ourselves. I'm just having a hard time and don't know how to deal with it. I feel like I messed up somewhere and now he hates me, and that's what hurts the most.

2. SomeNights

Nah, it's not your fault. Guys are assholes. (*hug*)

3. asmith6543

I think you shouldnt have followed him. Its like you were stalking him and it makes you look creepy.

4. Shyguy5

It's like you created this image of him then eventually you find out that it was all in your head. I think I can relate. I've been crushing on a guy lately and the past few weeks helped me realize that there wouldn't be a possibility that I could date him. The whole semester I got the feeling he was gay but after overhearing him say things he's either straight or secretly gay and insecure about it. I was disappointed at first but realized I'll meet someone eventfully. It just sucks that I've never dated or had someone say they liked me but the first one will make it so much more special :slight_smile:

5. BlazingFire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Crushes suck sometimes. But I agree with what shyguy said. You tend to fantasize and begin thinking every little thing they do is a sign they like you or something. The way he is acting towards you now kind of shows you how he feels about the situation. At least you know now. I know its easier said than done, but you've got to move on. And also none of that was your fault. You will meet somebody someday. I wish the best for you.