1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretty awesome little bro!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BlazingFire, May 1, 2013.

1. BlazingFire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I just wanted to post this thread to tell people how proud I am of my little brother who is 13 years old. I came out to all my brothers a few months ago and all of them have been supportive especially my 13yr old brother.

We talk a lot about issues regarding lgbt among other things because it affects me and he also wants to know more about it. Well today he just told me about how at school he was talking with his friends about same sex marriage and what they think about it.

When they told him they were against it because they think it's a sin, he defended same sex marriage rights and then changed the subject because he got annoyed at them for thinking that same sex marriage shouldn't be allowed just because they think it's a sin.

I asked him what he felt and why, he told me he was annoyed but also angry that his friends would deny the rights of gay people just because they don't agree with it, but also that it affects me because I'm gay. I was really happy when he told me that because even though same sex marriage doesn't affect him, it affects me and my future, the fact that he got worked up about it, just shows how much he cares. So I just wanted to share with everybody. haha

2. riahf

Awww that's sweet. You're brother seems like a nice kid. :grin:

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's so cool!

4. Xochipilli

Props to your little bro!
    Especially for standing up to his friends like that. It's not easy.
    :slight_smile: