1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When should I ask her out?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by riahf, May 1, 2013.

1. riahf

Ok, so this probably seems a little weird.

Recently, I thought that it would be a good idea to begin dating girls in order to figure out my orientation, but despite the fact that my campus is pretty liberal, I was having a hard time finding other lesbian or bi girls, so I went to a dating site, which I still feel kind of weird about doing.

I started chatting with this girl who I thought was really pretty and cool, and we've been chatting for a couple of days. The problem is, I probably started messaging at a terrible time, because I have finals over the next week. But I feel like I shouldn't wait too long to ask her out, because she might find somebody more interesting or get bored messaging back and forth. So what do I do? Do I write her asking to get coffee in a week, or keep messaging her until it gets closer to the end of finals? Should I wait for her to ask me out if she's interested?

Also what is the general consensus on dating sites? Was it weird for me to have gone about finding somebody in this way?

2. BlazingFire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha I don't think that's weird at all. I feel like I'm in the same boat as you. I can't seem to find anybody that is gay on campus, but I don't know about dating sites. I've been tempted to try, but a little bit nervous about it.

How many more weeks until your finals are over? I think you should take the initiative to ask her if you really want to go out with her, but I also think you should tell her your a bit busy because you have finals.

3. riahf

My finals get over next Thursday at 5. Should I say something like, "I'd really love to get coffee with you after finals slow down" and see what she says?

This makes me so nervous!