1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My father is the worst person in the world?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayAndHappylol, May 2, 2013.

1. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Whenever we have a fight he tries to make me feel low leveled.That i deserve nothing,that ill never do anything in my life,even though im a good student he just keeps calling me worthless and stuff.I really feel bad hearing these things about my person.And i dont want to start to believe that im worthless and that ill never do anything in my life,because whenever i have a plan for future he always tries to ruin it in my eyes and make me feel like ill never achieve it.Any good advices on how to ignore him,and close my mind and eyes whenever he says such things to me?

2. JPC

JPC Guest

Ah father trouble, I'm a bit of an expert when it comes to horrible fathers. Ignore him, you're much better than him so don't let him drag you down. Prove him wrong and pursue what you want to pursue in life and you will be happy and you don't have to keep in contact with him once you're in a position to move out of home if you don't want to. Focus on what you want in life and not on his negativity, he'll be angry and bitter no matter what you do so don't worry about it.

3. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    I know i just..want to leave soon i cant stay around him he annoys me so damn much,i cant stand his words anymore..he is acting like crazy he is always mad and angry..

4. JPC

JPC Guest

That's a pretty crappy situation (*hug*). But at least it's not forever :slight_smile:

5. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah.. (*hug*) :icon_sad: thanks

6. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    (*hug*)

Could it be he is doing that to stimulate you to prove him wrong?
    Or he knows he can't win so he puts you down to have you at least feel bad about yourself.
    Or his father treated him that way and he doesn't know any better.

Feel sorry for him. He is missing out on a thing that fathers can have with their sons...
    Have you ever asked why he does it?

7. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well his parents kicked him out when he was 15,so he had to live alone,to work,to see only the bad side of life...But this doesnt give him any right to treat his son like that,if he doesnt like me then he shouldnt create me..he created me just to make me feel bad all the time?

8. Lamonia

Lamonia Guest

I know how you feel, I had a difficult time understanding my father, he always made me feel I am worthless as well and beat the hell out of me, he was like the monster in the house to me, and it is as you say feels like he didn't want kids to begin with, or just got kids then hated what it means to have them.

A lot of people find my father difficult not just me, so I slowly had to believe that it is not my fault that he is the way he is, but I also tried to understand what he went through, just like your dad he went through a lot.

However I tried to learn a lesson from him, is that just cause you go through things doesn't mean you take it out on others and justify that this is what life has to be. A lot of people resort to making others miserable when they are miserable themselves, to feel a sense of justice you know?

I tried to understand him as much as possible. It stopped when one day he was gonna slap me in public and I for the first time stopped him, and ran away...came back later that day :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:...told him why are you always so violent towards me and stuff...and he said what are you talking about...that day I decided to just put a big X on him he is gonna make me feel I'm making things up as well...I was like ok nevermind I am never trying ever again.

There are some articles that say that some men when they have rage fits, they can't remember what they did exactly, and are not really aware at all of what they are doing...whatever it is...I guess you can learn from him...how not to be...:frowning2:. I just try to be as distant as possible...and he is more comfortable with that I think.

#8 Lamonia, May 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
  9. MapleCross

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first and most important thing is to believe in yourself. If you know that you are a good person and that you are trying your best in every way, then what he thinks or says does not matter.
    How do you believe in yourself means to look at who you are and what sort of person you are. Look at the things you are good at. Do you have friends? if so share with them so that they can reflect back to you all your good points.

Do not let his negativity drag you down. He is the one with the problem not you.

Good luck and if you ever need to talk then use this forum or send a message

10. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah i have friends,but im really embarrased to talk to them about my father,you know..i dont them to think i have a crappy family and stuff..i hate that so i never talk to them about it.Anyway yeah i also read some articles on how to deal with a bad father on wikihow and with your advices and the article i hope ill figure out what to do.Thanks everyone ^^ love you lots

11. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It doesn't give him the right, but if he didn't get a good example, it can be hard to figure out how to be a good parent, I should think.

By the way I don't think that all children are purposely created....

Anyway, I suppose I don't have any other advice that just feel sorry for him. That he doesn't know any better. That he probably is fucked up to need to put someone down.

Karma will take care of him, would my mom say....:icon_wink.

12. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well from what they always said they were trying to have a child,so i think they did me on purpose,but anyway thats not the point.And its true Karma can ruin a life,orr karma can change a life

---------- Post added 3rd May 2013 at 08:03 AM ----------

Ill just say that he didnt had a good idea of a role father

13. TSN2012

You are definitely not worthless! And this might sound really cliche' but if you believe that you can become somebody, and you know that you can achieve something great and amazing, then you can. Don't let his words bring you down, because in the end it's you who controls your own life and if you know that you have the potential to achieve the things you want in the future (what you plan etc...), then you have the potential. You said that you are a good student right? That's definitely something! Work hard and go get what you want! :grin:

14. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    That was really sweet thank you (*hug*)