1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do we always go for the straight ones?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KariGordon1996, May 2, 2013.

1. KariGordon1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well lately I've been having a pretty hard time about my feelings for my best friend. I met her at the beginning of this year and we just seemed to click and we got really close. She knows I am gay, she's one of the few people who do, and she's okay with it. She's with some guy who treats her horrible and is moving in six weeks so she comes to me about it a lot. I know she's straight, but has admitted to being curious some times, so telling her that I am in love with her isn't the best option. I've dated girls before but I've never felt what I feel with her. I hate feeling this way toward my best friend, it's like either way it's gonna kill me. Tell her and our friendship is screwed and then don't tell her, I'll never get it off my chest. I tried dating other girls and pulling away from her but it just doesn't work. How can I get over her?

2. Emberblaze

At this point, I kNOW i've got a thing, a very STRONG thing for my friend. I pretend the feeling doesn't exist... It sounds like a horrible solution, but it REALLY has been working thus far.

So, my advice to you? I'd say you just tell yourself that the feeling isn't real. I know, it sounds like the worst advice I've ever typed right now, but it's just a tiip that most people probably won't offer ya know?

Mind tricks can work wonders on yourself if you know the proper way to manipulate yourself.... Ummm good luck though because I know that this isn't easy... Keep your mind off of her, anytime you start thinking about how much you care for her, dispel the thought-anything that might help...

I hope you can get through this and/or get better advice from the ensuing posts...

3. UndercoverGypsy

Lol yeah, bottle that shit up. :roflmao: I feel like a bad person for agreeing with you. Someone with morals, come help out.

4. Gen

Gen

Well, I wouldnt necessarily say that Emberblaze's approach is the wrong way to go about it.

I had much, tragically, much more than feelings for a close friend of mine.(We're not really close now, but we still keep up with each other). I had a good amount of knowledge that he wasnt entirely straight, but growing up with the influences around him, I knew that we would never be together. So I wallowed in that reality for a few years. Until one day, I looked in the mirror and remember how damn sexy I am. I remembered how intelligent, talented, and kind I am. I'm far from conceited, but I remembered that I was worth plenty as an individual. There are a plethora of people that would be perfectly capable and content with loving me, so why would I waste my time pouring myself into someone who wont. Its easy to say, but you wont really lose your feelings until you believe it.

All heartbreak has a similiar sting. Whether your in pain because she doesnt want to be with you or because she was and deicded to cheat, you're left with the same question. How long am I going to let myself cry over someone who doesnt deserve it. My love was a awesome person(Though now he is a bit of an ass....), but I know I deserve better than to be his eternal fan girl. Because you know what? I'm am awesome person too.

Anyway, thats what I told myself. Even if you have time and space, the best way to get over heartache is not to escape the obstacle, but gain the strength to overcome.

5. HeyAshley

ohio? lol i never see anyone on here that's anywhere near me, that's different.

anyway to the OP - just lay low. pouring out your heart and going after someone that isn't absolutely interested in your gender is a good way to get hurt.

6. Hawthorne

I took it in an entirely different direction said my feelings he basically said no i don't swing that way and.life moved on but I hit on him constantly which we both find funnt as all get out but this is how I am and he is.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One word: Pheromones.

8. Hawthorne

Oh and that too.

9. QueerQueen

I'm a little conflicted with whether to advise you to bottle up your feelings or to pour them out. There is a good possibility that neither will work out well, it just depends on whether you think she is a good friend and will understand and put it past you guys if those feelings aren't reciprocated. I had feelings for a straight friend, but they weren't anything like your feeling now. It was a minor crush, I had those feelings because she is my best friend and those personality traits that you typically want in a potential boyfriend/girlfriend you can also find in your best friend. I talked myself out of it and at the end of the week when those feelings died down I told her.

She was very cool about it, we laughed about it and were still the best of friends. I talk to her about my problems and how I feel about this one girl now who's also a lesbian (thank god), and she tells me she wished I was a guy and had the right parts. It all depends how you think she will react, if you think it will be bad, then sure keep it bottled, if not then tell her. It's always good to let things out, and after my best friend I haven't really had a straight crush since, okay well one or two, but they're very minor things. Best of luck! <3

10. sillyolme

Okay, so I am kinda in the same situation... Ish.. I have a definite crush on someone who already has a girlfriend, someone who is homoromantic (I think. I have no idea if its platonic or not), but I am pretty sure she wouldnt be interested and used to (I think.. pretty sure its gone) be interested in someone who is straight. *screams in frustration*